Sunrise

Exactly. Seven have 4 or 5 correspondents in the US. No need to send Nat back.

4 Likes

Historic Breaking news situation… entirely understandable

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

I wouldn’t say he was busted at all but it would have been the fastest way to get the latest news as it happens. And perhaps receive some inside info from some of his sources.

6 Likes

Sam is often seen on hers

2 Likes

Qld broken in live with a press conference from the premier. Qld going in to 3 days lockdown (6pm Fri- 6pm Mon) and mandatory masks due to the 1 case of the new strain that has been detected. They want everyone home so they can trace everyone and limit spread and movement. It’s 70% more infectious.
Premier has also asked the other states to declare Greater Brisbane a hotspot.

3 Likes

Strange closer this morning, only showing Nat and Matt at the desk instead of showing some banter between the whole team on the couch.

Matt also said “we’ll be back tomorrow with more of Sunrise.”

I’d say that’s because they’re now live into Qld at 8.30 our time to cover the latest developments while the southern states have gone to cricket?

3 Likes

Sunrise continuing with Queensland-only coverage.

Finished at 9am local time

11 Likes

Good move Sunrise! Well done!

4 Likes

They were prepping to stay on air in Queensland.

4 Likes

Hopefully live into Qld for Weekend Sunrise. Should also go live Monday in the event the Premier provides an update towards the end of the lockdown long weekend.

5 Likes

My guess is Weekend Sunrise won’t be live as they’d need to produce another hour of content to fill the gap.

There should be Test Cricket again on Monday so they may go live or at least crash the final hour to go live again.

1 Like

Isn’t the cricket on tomorrow? Wouldn’t Qld then just take the cricket live instead of the first hour on 7mate?

1 Like

Unless there’s good reason, like a spike in QLD cases, I doubt they’ll shift things around on a weekend.

1 Like

What’s to shift? Just fill 8.30-9.30 on 7mate.
Stick the last hour of NBC Today there instead of 6-7am on the main channel.

1 Like

Ben Davis just said the cricket starts 9am tomorrow on 7 in Brisbane. Shame WS won’t be live.

1 Like

Could all change at the last minute if more cases are reported and if a press conference takes place.

5 Likes

True. No doubt they will do live crosses to shops and testing centres etc in Brisbane throughout the morning. As a Qld viewer it’d be nice to know these were live and from an hour ago.

1 Like

New promo just aired during BHG in Brisbane.
Some previously used footage, some new, “2021” split logo as used on other 7 promos, not sure of the tune…

4 Likes