Sunrise

The only issue would be that there’d be too much testosterone on the Today panel.

They’d have to counter balance that by getting a separate entertainment reporter that’s female.

1 Like

Unless they’ve picked him up for Weekend Today (and features/reports during the week like his current role on Sunrise).

1 Like

Gee don’t jump the gun. It’d be ratings related- maybe 5CM, Adelaide?

1 Like

5 city metro Today had good win against Sunrise yesterday, I wouldn’t say it’s a humiliating loss though.

2 Likes

They’ve been close in Adelaide lately; perhaps Today beat Sunrise in Adelaide for the first time in potentially years?!

5-city result:

4 Likes

Could be that it ranked 3rd in Melbourne and Brisbane (as above). Yikes.

2 Likes

Natasha is a freelance, so I wouldn’t think she would be such a big loss. Especially when all she does is read the news on Weekend Sunrise every now and then.

2 Likes

correct

2 Likes

Well that’s a little dramatic. They still won nationally. I wouldn’t call those ratings a humiliating loss but some people would I guess.

5 Likes

I’ve agreed with this before (I think), and I will again, she’s marvellous.

For me it’s all about the warmth and Natarsha has it in spades. I don’t get that with Nat or Shirvo at all - for example even when Seven News throw to Sunrise for what’s coming up in the morning (totally unnecessary but here we are), Nat almost has a look/tone of disdain for the viewer about her - do I really want to tune into that? Not overly.

Sam was better but Mel was the best IMO.

Kent: “and that was my two cents”

4 Likes

Natarsha Belling?

A huge win in Perth but losses in Melbourne and Brisbane do not pay the bills.

1 Like

Especially given it’s a single day :roll_eyes:

Remember there are only about 5,000 ratings boxes out there, it only takes a handful of people going on holiday or having an early meeting at work or whatever to impact the numbers.

2-3 weeks of losses starts to paint a different picture.

6 Likes

There was a funny story from the UK about this. In the UK one person with a ratings box is supposed to represent 5,000 viewers.

One of the smaller cable channels’ ratings kept fluctating wildly week by week. Management tore their hair out trying to find out why… and it turned out one of their viewers, who had a ratings box, was a long-distance lorry driver!

6 Likes

Sunrise’s ratings have been trending (about 5%) lower for about the last 6 weeks. Week 8 (7 weeks ago) was the last time the show had every day over the 200k mark in the 5 city metric (I’m using that as members are more familiar with it). Since then the average weekly audience had been 190k, 194k, 201k, 208k, 186k (Easter), and 201k. Prior to that weekly averages were above 210k and even 220k a couple of times.

5 Likes

Wonder if winter and the absence of MAFS (previous night’s viewing) will have an effect?

1 Like

They went 6-9 months like that. The 20k gap in the 5CM could be seen as more ‘humiliating’.

1 Like

In the carpark

3 Likes

Early News

This caption has been running all morning. You’d think it would have been picked up by 8am

3 Likes