Sunrise

Does this match up with Sylvia and Jayne filling with and now the return of Sarah last week?

Also corresponds with the purchase of a smoke machine for performances on Sunrise :wink:

6 Likes

3/9/2023 Natarsha Belling is presenting the news today.

Former 7NEWS sports presenter Jim Wilson made an appearance during the 9:30am weather cross.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Weather OBs this morning have had a lot of problems. The link seems to be just holding up.

3 Likes

In the carpark this morning - must have wanted to protect the new studio’s floor.

9 Likes

Gives me some good for thought - perhaps if they were to resume outdoor concerts (which I doubt would happen in the short term) they could use that outdoor space and set up a temporary stage like they did outside Martin Place.

I saw that this morning and wondered where they were, forgot about the studio car park.

Wonder if Seven regaining the NBC-U output including a Bravo partnership aided in this promotion? Although usually that is separate to the local territory distribution/marketing arm who usually advertise and sponsor across all networks and mediums.

Of note, the original movie is (or at least was) licenced by Roadshow, airing on both Nine and Ten, but I believe the sequel and this one are Universal so wouldn’t be surprised to see Seven getting rights to the second one at some stage very soon.

1 Like

Not the best location for an OB. It looks like a loading bay

Miss Martin Place for these types of set ups.

9 Likes

It is basically the entrance to the loading bays for the building. The only reason for being outside that I could see was the smashing of plates.

2 Likes

This is the second time. Hopefully it’s not a regular occurrence.

2 Likes

I thought it was a strange choice this morning to announce breaking news of Alan Joyce’s early retirement and then go straight to a break. Must have need time to get a reported to stand outside an airport. In the meantime the news was being discussed by its competitors. When Sunrise returned they described it as “big breaking news” and “major development”.

7 Likes

Could have neen a technical hitch with the cross to the reporter so they went to a break instead.

2 Likes

Na they did it a few weeks ago with John Farnham’s announcement about his cancer.

Nat quickly said it then they went to a commercial break with more after the break.

It’s definitely deliberate. They need to go to a break but breaking news has come through so to get in first they say it first whilst still being able to go their scheduled commercial break.

6 Likes

Risky strategy to hope viewers won’t go elsewhere to find out the details while Sunrise is on a break.

5 Likes

Ah great point. Maybe they don’t care as long as they were first in delivering the news?

3 Likes

I think we need to analyse it some more

This morning Sunrise delivered that breaking news at 8:25am

You then had to wait until 8:30 for the story to be delivered.

News Breakfast had the story from 8:23am so were discussing it when Sunrise went to a break.

Today started discussing the story after an ad break at 8:27

3 Likes

Kind of the point of this forum.

What’s your point?

2 Likes
3 Likes