Sunrise

Thought I’d share this, just for interest sake (funny you mention this what timing)… So my old man (who is not into the media whatsoever and would be gobsmacked a site like this even exists let alone the point) casually and randomly brought up on conversation the other night when out at dinner, about ‘Nat Barr and Shirvo won’t work… Today will be No. 1 very soon’. He must’ve read an article(s) on the shows’ recently/ratings, he knew that much and obviously knew of the Matt Shirvington appointment craze. He said ‘they have zero chemistry’ and mentioned Nine’s old weapon in Karl Stefanovic, though not exactly glowing over Sarah, doubt he knows who she is, might recognise her from 60 Minutes perhaps. He thought Kochie at least brought something to the show I think. He was watching it for a bit while at work, channel-surfing between it and Today ‘just for a change’ (he rarely watched breakfast TV and if he ever does it’s usually ABC Breakfast). He turns 60 in November, for a precise demographic. I just found it so out of the blue and interesting, was kind of proud of him TBH haha. I think I’d mentioned days earlier when visiting about Martin Place’s final day and WS (he’d known of that location for many years with Seven in Sydney and don’t get him started on Sydney-centric media LOL) and probably jogged his mind on the matter days later, he also at the first instance yelled ‘who cares’ when I played the video of Mon and Matt farewelling, which gives you some indication of how many truly care about all this bar us and any passionate employees in the wider industry.

4 Likes

It was great that he was the main fill-in for a while before taking over. I think he’s really grown as a presenter and interviewer, but still has some fine tuning to go. We also have to remember that he’s slotted into an embedded team - Nat, Eddy and Baretta have been part of the show almost since the beginning, so there will be an adjustment. Add to that finding their feet in a new setting. But overall I think it’s positive that they have moved in line with a new host, and there’s certainly chemistry and comradery among the team from what I’ve seen. Social media has been largely positive and ratings don’t appear to have slipped.

7 Likes

First Weekend Sunrise in new studio

23 Likes

Few audio problems this morning

1 Like

It sucks that @TV.Cynic ’s channel has been terminated.

Shame that people go on a war path, seen SydneyCityTV videos terminated too.

7 Likes

As TVCynic explained in the Archival Thread:

2 Likes

Bloody Seven. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Is it a screen or decal in front of the desk

1 Like

McAbe St, Willoughby. Sky used to use it for some programs, Weekend Agenda for memory. Don’t know if they still do.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a screen, at i’ve seen TMS with an animated image.

2 Likes

The kitchen bench got another different look this morning.

Previously seen

17 Likes

following from another thread

Any suggestions as to who could fill this?

Matt Carmichael (already there for a segment)? Andrew McCormack fly-in from HSV-7 (does regular crosses)? Somebody from Seven Sport?

4 Likes

Would make sense for Katie Brown to do WS sport. Keeps it in the family and she can still do her fill in role

10 Likes

Video of new graphics Sunrise Opener - July 28, 2023 (New Graphics) - YouTube

4 Likes

Weekend Sunrise at the Logies

6 Likes

Logies-coloured supers

9 Likes

There was a preview of the Sunrise set at the Star just before with JT.

Also, no closer this morning. Sally presented Pop News and said they’d be right back however after the commercials, TMS Weekend started.

9 Likes

Promo

7 Likes

Is JT supposed to be a Logie or a Ken doll with no genitals? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, let’s just say there’s no hiding it :joy:

1 Like