Sunrise (2020-Feb 2025)

Those traffic supers are BIG, always wondered who/where they’re produced (Sunrise control, station level or network play-out) as they’ve always seemed different to the rest of the package and are during ad breaks rather than in-program (probably so they can air per market). Are they still provided by ATN?

–

Which also brings me to the Perth feed, which I watched a bit of yesterday (as for some reason weekday Sunrise at least Mondays don’t seem to get uploaded until later in the afternoon and wst time zone means a couple of hours behind), they get lcoalised openers, crosses to local news and of course the local news inserts. Do Nat and Shirvo pre-record these segments before dawn or during est zone ads?

2 Likes

Good changes. Does the ticker now fall outside of the TV safe zone though?

1 Like

Sunrise v Today

2 Likes

I reckon it could be too low for TVs that have overscan turned on - if there are enough complaints they may have to adjust.

1 Like

do TV safe zones even exist anymore?

3 Likes

Yep, sure do.

Why? Weren’t they for when everything had to fit to both 16:9 and 4:3… nobody’s watching 4:3 tv anymore, analog is switched off everywhere.

1 Like

They are still definitely applicable for 16:9 overscanning. I’ve encountered a few TVs which don’t have the option to disable overscan so there is a good chance that the updated ticker could be cut off or just on the edge of the screen.

3 Likes

Really? I have never come across that issue, would have thought it’d be an issue for a vast minority of users and wouldn’t be a problem with any modern TVs.

5 Likes

Love the Morning show lighting

I suspect the boxes were moved down a bit so they didn’t merge with the background. Sometimes the orange arch in Nat’s box merged with the arch behind it.
Does that make sense?

3 Likes

The boxes were made larger reducing the graphics footprint.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the HD watermark in awhile. Is this new?

You’re about 5 years late :wink:

2 Likes

HD watermark is there because it was part of World Cup sports coverage (Live and free etc).

3 Likes

I’ve noticed some changes this week to the lighting above and below that long narrow screen in the performance area. Must be attempting to make it more visually appealing

5 Likes

First on Sunrise :wink:

5 minutes later

9 Likes

Sunrise piling on Anastasia Palaszczuk will do them no favours in Qld particularly when they reported it yesterday, then it featured on 7 news last night and now again this morning, with no real substance and nothing new to report.
At least it’s a break from the Qld crime crisis I guess.

5 Likes

Don't miss superstar @jessicamauboy performing LIVE at Brekky Central tomorrow morning on @Channel7 and @7plus 🌟🌟🌟🎤🎤🎤🎶🎶🎶#sunriseon7 pic.twitter.com/FY09ehkvN4

— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) August 30, 2023

4 Likes

Jessica Mauboy this morning

Also this morning

8 Likes