Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

It is a bit puzzling that Sunrise are going to the trouble of spending next week over there but then will be back in their dark little shoebox for all the exciting stuff.

The only thing I can think is that they are just planning for Sunrise to fill the gaps between live events (ie the swimming and other big events will be live in our morning) so it wouldn’t have worked doing a big song and dance. If that’s the case though then I would have preferred to see Eddy and Beretts hosting from Rio since they will be there anyway, with Nat doing news from the studio.

1 Like

Probably not enough space for them to broadcast Sunrise from once the games have started?
Or the budget doesn’t stretch far enough for them to go ontop of the crew already heading over?
That’s the only reason why I can see they wouldn’t be there for the actual event.

But wasn’t the entire Sunrise crew in Beijing in 2008 for the duration of the games back then?

I’d say it is because of the time difference, at that time of day it will be all about the sports that are happening not some fluffy breakfast TV show. The concentration will be on the sports.

4 Likes

That was 8 years ago… and Rio is heaps further than Beijing. $$$

They would have been better off doing a Roy & HG “The Dream” style show with highlights and interviews for nights rather than having Sunrise interrupting the sport broadcasts.

2 Likes

Yeah true I guess

They obviously want viewers to reconnect with Sunrise that’s why it’s sandwiched in the schedule. Similarly they’ve left The Chase between highlights and the nightly news to reinforce viewing habits.?

2 Likes

Nope, Kochie and Mel did a week leading up to it, then were back in Sydney for the actual games.

3 Likes

The SCA guides are showing Sunrise will be live into SA and Darwin during the Olympics, which is what I expected.

2 Likes

Advance guides show Sunrise live in WA too, from 3:30-7:00am AWST

2 Likes

The problem is Sunrise will cross live to selected events during the Olympics, so there is no way the show will be shown on two hour delay in WA.

On 7

They could repeat it (maybe just the 7am-9am portion) on 7Two/Mate/Flix at the regular time.

Sam is staying in Sydney studio while the rest of the team are in Rio next week.

2 Likes

That whole setup I feel will be incredibly disjointed.
Should of just given her the week off.

There has been a promo all week, I like the style the graphics are used. Also they have dropped two of three waves in the ‘sun’ of the logo at the end of the promo.

[quote=“Leostar, post:1404, topic:69”]
Should of just given [Sam] the week off.
[/quote] They need someone on stand-by anyway in the case of technical difficulties, anyway.

Sunrise was live from Athens from 2-6 August 2004 and did the same from Beijing in 2008. There was also a live studio audience at Brekky Central.

2 Likes

As we expected, as of Saturday July 30, Sally Bowrey is now reading the news on Weekend Sunrise (until she goes on ML, when would that be, BTW?).

1 Like