Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Saturday (23.07.16) - Sunday (24.07.16): Seven News Melbourne sport presenter Nathan Templeton is on sport.

1 Like

When will Sunrise be live in Rio?

1 Like

During the Olympics.

9 Likes

Any word on who is taking over from Talitha while she is on maternity leave?

Isnā€™t it the week before Rio?

4 Likes

Not sure could it be Sally Bowrey until she goes on maternity leave?

2 Likes

Yeah I thought they were there for the week before and not actually during?

2 Likes

Yes the week before the Olympics start,Sam hosting from the Sydney studio and the rest of the team at Copacabana Beach for the week.
(If news article from May is correct info)

1 Like

WS not doing so well since Monique is back. Obviously Iā€™m not the only one who finds her irritating.

4 Likes

Monday (25.07.16)- Tuesday (26.07.16): Nat is co-hosting this morning with Kochie as Sam is having a long weekend. Eddy is reading the news.

Here is an example of the 7 oā€™clock opener in Perth (includes headlines, local V/O, city weather, cross, local news, weather, cross promotion for 7 News, throw back to Eddy) :
https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/757353073320693760

I believe Olympic Sunrise will be airing next week, then I assume Sunrise will be on hiatus whilst the Olympics are on air.

How many long weekends does she get.

1 Like

Week 30 ratings

won by Sunrise by 9,000 nationally and in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the difference between Mel and Sam,Mel never had as much time off as what Sam does.Mel also covered most of the major stories on locations, Sam doesnā€™t do all major stories all the time,it now seems Nat is doing that nowadays.
Iā€™m sure the rest of the team would also like a long weekend occasionally like Sam.

2 Likes

It was really nice to see David Brown this morning presenting a professional weather segment just in the 7am block:

6 Likes

Too bad those graphics, both for 7 Weather & Sunrise still look like arse.

6 Likes

Yeah mixed with the dreadful lower thirds of Sunrise, it looks like a complete shambles.
Iā€™m really hoping for some form of a modification to the Sunrise graphics after Rio. I doubt itā€™s gonna happen and is going to be like 7News 2011 lined paper vile Lower thirds all over again - having to put up with what we have.

2 Likes

Olympic Sunrise:

Wouldnā€™t it be spectacular if this was broadcast from Copocabana beach! Iā€™ve been there many times and the location is magic in every sense of the word. How seven expects to capture tang energy from Sydney I donā€™t know. Such a shamw

I think the energy in Rio will come from Brazilian cachaƧa (a drink similar to run) rather than tang. :blush: