Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Eddy is back presenting the weather for the next couple of days.

And how much better it was.

4 Likes

so much better! - drop the entertainment crap

It was heaps better!
I think it’s the entertainment role that really needs to be ditched. It didn’t work when they brought in Fifi in 2010 and it hasn’t worked now.
Give Eddie Weekend Sunrise to host as it’s clear she doesn’t want the weather gig anymore and just isn’t needed on the weekday show…

5 Likes

Considering how Sunrise has looked to NBC Today for inspiration in the past, I am so surprised they didn’t implement an Orange Room with Eddy!!!

3 Likes

The answer is probably obvious, but what is an “Orange Room” and it’s intended purpose? :confused:

2 Likes

[quote=“Steven, post:1268, topic:69, full:true”]
Considering how Sunrise has looked to NBC Today for inspiration in the past, I am so surprised they didn’t implement an Orange Room with Eddy!!!
[/quote] I think they were, as we have discussed, because a small set with a plasma feature pre-relaunch but went MIA along with a round black desk. Set piece or not, it won’t solve the problem.[quote=“Leostar, post:1267, topic:69”]
It was heaps better!
[/quote] Agree, it is following much better without Eddy in the studio. It is just as good as crossing to Nelson Aspen for Showbiz News in L.A.

[quote=“Leostar, post:1267, topic:69”]
Give Eddie Weekend Sunrise to host as it’s clear she doesn’t want the weather gig anymore and just isn’t needed on the weekday show…
[/quote] Could work, but what about Monique ? Pell has placed Eddy alongside the team to familiarise the audience with her , where she either replace Sam or Nat in the coming years.

Well Monique has the Daily Edition and from what I’ve read she isn’t well liked on weekend sunrise…

I agree Pell has put Eddy alongside the team to familiarise, but Sam was only ever there as a fill in when Mel was co-host. Doesn’t mean Eddy can’t be a fill in still?

New promo airing telling viewers they will get the news “as soon as [they] wake…”

[quote=“Leostar, post:1271, topic:69”]
am was only ever there as a fill in when Mel was co-host. Doesn’t mean Eddy can’t be a fill in still?
[/quote] I think a presenter change is on the radar rather soon, if the ratings consist. So taking Eddy off the weekday show for the weekend show before returning rather soon would be to choppy-changey IMO.

It’s choppy-changey now! Ha
Eddy is hopping from entertainment, to special interest, to co hosting (even weekdays), filling in for Nat on news and now back to weather.

It’s a mess in my opinion. No stability.

Maybe they need to invest in utilising more people from the newsroom and groom them to be able to fill in the roles, even so Eddy doesn’t just seem to be the third wheel floating around to fill in holes.

5 Likes

Yes, Eddy needs to be given the weekend co-hosting role and maybe one or two regular segments during the week to keep her in touch with the weekday audience.

Have her do a condensed entertainment segment on Mondays, on the couch with Sam/Kochie for ten minutes after 8am with a couple of packages and a live cross to Nelson. If she wants to do people-based stories then give her a regular segment for these later in the week as well.

2 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:1273, topic:69”]
Eddy doesn’t just seem to be the third wheel floating around to fill in holes.
[/quote] I honestly think that is what Pell and Eddy want. For example, there is Sophie Hull, Monique Wright, Angela Cox (when she was in Aus), Ryan Phelan, Talitha Cummins, Ann Sanders, Sally Bowrey and Sarah Cumming (when she returns) who could all fill-in for Nat but that doesn’t happen. But I do agree, she seems like a floater.

Loved Eddy’s segment this morning.

Wednesday (15.06.16): Beretts presented sport live from Brisbane today and Sam Mac returned to weather duties.
Thursday (16.06.16)- Friday (17.06.16): Eddy has gone from weather, to roving reporter and ended the week filling-in for Nat on the news.

Great to have the Riley Diary back this Sunday. Mark looked at what has happened in since the last entry- Julia Gillard replacing Kevin Rudd.

5 Likes

So good to see The Riley Diary back! One of my fave segments.

3 Likes

Sunrise won last week’s ratings nationally by 6,000 as well as Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

2 Likes

Hardly convincing but the gap has certainly narrowed recently.

2 Likes

Is that 2 weeks In row sunrise has won

No, Today won last week, Sunrise was the week before.