Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeah it seems like they are trying to give away money and holidays more then actually provide news. It’s coming across as quite desperate.

A more effective way might be to ditch the entertainment role and have Eddie do more human interest stories. Even GMA and Today(US) aren’t anywhere near as “entertainment” focused.

Also you know it’s a problem when they are utilising their advertising during primetime to promote a story on “Kiss Bang Love.” Why are you wasting eyeballs seeing a promotion for Sunrise which is basically a self promotion? That in no way entices me to watch Sunrise to see an advertorial essentially for a Seven Program.

4 Likes

Bye bye Michael :wave:

3 Likes

Friday (27.05.16): Pell has got Eddy roving on the road today with Nelson Aspen on Showbiz News and Sam doing the Viral news. Sam Mac is still doing the weather.

Don’t expect Eddy to be out on the road often, that’s the reason why she stopped doing the weather.
They are probably in a hard spot trying to figure out what to do with her if it’s not studio entertainment.

Orange Room ala NBC. It makes sense in this day and age I say.

1 Like

It would definitely flow better if Nelson does all Entertainment and she focuses on orange room.

I remember when we saw the set model that there was another set piece that had a platform in front of a freestanding plasma on it. I wonder where that section went and why it was dropped? When i saw it I assumed that it was going to be for a red room scenario. Did they run out of money ?

3 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:1166, topic:69”]
It would definitely flow better if Nelson does all Entertainment and she focuses on orange room
[/quote] True but does anyone really want to watch that viral stuff? Whether it is entertainment or just viral videos/making news, I think her role would still be defined as ‘pointless’. However, I can’t think of a better option on Sunrise for Eddy.

[quote=“Leostar, post:1166, topic:69”]
remember when we saw the set model that there was another set piece that had a platform in front of a freestanding plasma on it. I wonder where that section went and why it was dropped?
[/quote] Is this what you are talking about?

Watching this makes me realise how much I miss the old set and Mel for that fact. That 2010 relaunch was fantastic IMO!

5 Likes

I agree. The relaunch for then was amazing. It was refreshing. This one just didn’t have the same effect and buzz that 2010 did even though they tried to build it.

I still haven’t warmed to the new set, it just isn’t warm and inviting and it looks temporary. Sure there is more window, but it all still looks like a bunch of frames and screens clomped together.

I agree, the set was just so inviting and it was very different from the looks of other brekky shows at the time

1 Like

Saturday (28.05.16) - Sunday(29.05.16): Sally Bowrey read the weather in addition to the Entertainment News.

On today’s weekend edition of TMS they crossed to the Canadian version of TMS. Some of the backgrounds plus the windows in the studio are similar to the current (bland) set.

5 Likes

Sunday (29.05.16): Angela Cox’s last day today :frowning2: Monique Wright, I would assume, returns next weekend.

2 Likes

Angela Cox farewell on Weekend Sunrise.

I can honestly say I will miss Ange. She had great banter, had great ability in switching from light to serious topics, great moderator in discussion and all-round great personality. Ange is very talented and is more than capable of securing a permanent presenting gig at ATN whether it is on Sunrise to The Morning Show to Sunday Night or Seven News. Can’t say I missed Monique at all in the 7 mnths or so.

4 Likes

What’s ATN? You mean the Seven Network. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think they mean in just the Sydney newsroom

1 Like

ATN is 7’s Sydney station.

1 Like

Even though ATN is still the official callsign, for most intents and purposes the station is basically known as “Channel Seven Sydney” these days isn’t it?

Same deal with other networks really.

5 Likes

Yeah you’re right even ABC and SBS.

2 Likes