Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Monday (02.05.16): Nat Barr is co-hosting with Kochie and Eddy is on the news/entertainment as Sam is ‘having a day off’.

1 Like

When Latham is pushing an agenda by scraping the bottom of the barrel for evidence that is borderline credible, and resulting to personal attacks against guests on the programme, Andrew has as much right to shut that down in whatever way possible.

Latham’s dangerous viewpoints are one thing, but it mainly comes down to his method. He is a bully, and for Sunrise to continue to use him as ratings fodder is tacky.

2 Likes

The hosts taking their own Mums to Fiji as part of the Mothers Day show on Friday. Should be interesting. :grinning:

Love Thy Neighbour -$10 000- what a great start to this segment today. Great neighbours putting the money to good use. Had me smiling :grinning:

1 Like

@spw68 Sunrise copying Today Show is a great result for deserving viewers. Like Lisa Wilkinson said we are the original… Of course a dig at Sunrise.
The more money both networks give to deserving people will put a smile on my face.

3 Likes

Hmm, yes and no. Isnt that Block thing just a copy of the Cash Cow?
Does the Today version offer the Neighbours the chance to split or steal? Is it a Neighbours thing?

@spw68 my point is the viewers receiving the cash are the real winners this week in this breakfast ratings battle for me anyway. l’m not going to defend either show because as we all know both shows over the years are guilty of copying certain segments.

5 Likes

That live on air ad for Fiji was a little odd.

That’s the entire point, O’Keefe wasn’t shutting it down. He was going off on his own tirade. Cox attempted to shut it down multiple times but O’Keefe continued. The woman Latham was “bullying” even said to O’Keefe “can I speak for myself??”

So true.
But out of interest (because I’ve never seen the segment on Today) is it the same, as in split or steal with the neighbours, or is the $10 000 given away in a different manner?

Wednesday (04.05.16): Kochie live in Canberra due to the budget, Sam holding the ‘fort’ back at Brekky Central.

Just watched the vid.

Andrew was the one that started scoffing over Mark speaking. He was totally out of line.

Van then started shouting that she didn’t need ‘a man speaking for her’ and that Mark was speaking over the top of her, when actually she hadn’t been speaking and Mark was just stating his viewpoint.

As for Van’s statements…women’s only carriages? Really? Because …she was attacked on a train when she was a teenager? That totally makes sense.

Where was Andrew’s rigorous challenging of that idiotic statement?

Andrew is too old, still trapped in his younger days, viewing the debate through those glasses.

Oh and having Mark Latham vs a fruit cake wanting gender segregation in society…obviously wanting and expecting fireworks. Yawnnnnn.

dude, you’re defending Mark Latham. Seriously?

3 Likes

Nope. I just stated he was one extreme of the debate vs a fruit cake on the other extreme. Don’t think that’s defending in anyone’s language!

But Andrew was totally out of line.

???

Sorry, I don’t know the lady by name.

Implicit in saying Mark Latham is the fact he is controversial and extreme.

And implicit in saying him vs x, that Sunrise expected fireworks, is the fact they are on opposite extremes.

Miranda Devine? I think ‘fruit cake’ was appropriate but ‘lady’ not so much. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Fiji promo

2 Likes