Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

It’s interesting cause I feel the show is more relaxed and less “cluttered” without Eddy. It’s the same as back in 2010 when Fifi Box was doing entertainment, it’s just another addition that isn’t needed.

I think she is great but Pell shouldn’t have just done a repeat job of what Boland did with Fifi which didn’t work out back in 2010.

I feel if they want to keep her on it they need to reduce her role and maybe have her out of the studio more. Maybe get her to do a segment in the plaza with some passerbys?

2 Likes

[quote=“Firetorch, post:1019, topic:69”]
Mel shouldn’t have been dumped so quickly.
[/quote] In hindsight I completely agree, but Sunrise did need a change/freshen up by 2013. (maybe it was just because Boland left at the end of 2011). TBH, whether Boland remained or not, a change in the presenter team was inevitable. IMO, it wouldn’t be that bad if Nat or Kylie Gillies got the job.[quote=“Leostar, post:1021, topic:69, full:true”]
It’s interesting…the show is more relaxed and less “cluttered” without Eddy…I think she is great but Pell shouldn’t have just done a repeat job of what Boland did with Fifi which didn’t work out back in 2010…I feel if they want to keep her on it they need to reduce her role and maybe have her out of the studio more. …[/quote] I agree, the show flows much better with Nelson in LA doing Entertainment. Eddy is really talented and I am not going to deny that and is clearly there merely because 1) she doesn’t want to travel all the time and 2) Pell sees her as a replacement for Sammy, Eddy isn’t going anywhere. All in-studio Entertainment presenters seem to fail - Nuala Hafner, Fifi Box and Edwina Bartholomew on Sunrise, Susanne Messera and Elle Halliwell on Today (Dickie isn’t that popular TBH either). I think the ONLY thing I can think of for Eddy is a Sunrise version of 'NBC’S TODAY ‘Orange Room’. She would only seen about 5 times a show and not considered as a third co-host plus no couch or desk appearances. I think Eddy could do the Early News (when Jodie Speers is on maternity leave) or a role on The Morning Show (news updates or the exact same role that she does on Sunrise just on TMS). Actually just a thought bubble, Eddy could do local news for Sunrise. Put her in front of a green screen up in the newsroom.

So essentially Wake Up?

Mike Amor can succeed Kochie when Kochie retires. Mike and Sam works well over the past two days

4 Likes

Just get her to do the crosses to Nelson. Simple. And get her out in the community doing some ‘real people’ stories.

2 Likes

Loved Sam Mac’s segments this morning…I got a real feel of how the studio is set out (maybe someone read my comments on here). I’ll just have to catch up with the bits I missed.

2 Likes

[quote=“spw68, post:1026, topic:69, full:true”]
Loved Sam Mac’s segments this morning…I got a real feel of how the studio is set out (maybe someone read my comments on here). I’ll just have to catch up with the bits I missed.
[/quote] Was really great to get a good BTS look at the new set. I did record today’s show so in the next fortnight or so I will upload a highlights package of the BTS of Sunrise.[quote=“spw68, post:1025, topic:69”]
Just get her to do the crosses to Nelson. Simple.
[/quote] I think the point originally made is her current role is useless and TBH jut doing crosses to Nelson is even worse. Why pay someone to especially do that when the hosts do an equally or better job?[quote=“Leostar, post:1023, topic:69, full:true”]
So essentially Wake Up?
[/quote] If you’re referring to the local news idea, it didn’t originally come from Wake Up. Sunrise actually did local news in 2007 and again in 2009. Boland said he always wanted to do local news for Sunrise but the practicality of it was not supporting. [quote=“BigVic, post:1024, topic:69, full:true”]
Mike Amor can succeed Kochie when Kochie retires. Mike and Sam works well over the past two days
[/quote] Agree. Both Mike Amor and Angela Cox are both really talented and upcoming Sunrise stars. Interesting also that Sunrise won yesterday.

1 Like

Saturday (16.04.16) - Sunday (17.04.16): Sally Bowrey is still on holidays.

The daily crosses would just be her regular role throughout the show. It would also break up all interviews being with Sam and Kochie. My thought with the features would be that there would be one of those daily. Could be a recorded piece or maybe a live to air cross out on location … mix it up a bit.

[quote=“spw68, post:1029, topic:69”]
The daily crosses would just be her regular role throughout the show.
[/quote] Meh. [quote=“spw68, post:1029, topic:69”]
think the point originally made is her current role is useful
[/quote] Should say useless instead of useful.

Just had a Sunrise Live notification. Currently 1.2k viewers of this stream, fluctuating up to 1.3k. Would this be usual? Seems a lot of people to be viewing this way at this time on a Sat morning.

2 Likes

Do we think it is safe to assume Pell was testing the waters with Mike Amor this week as a frontrunner to replace Kochie?

Seems odd they would fly him over when there is Larry/Andrew available as they have done in the past.

Although, I personally think Berretta should co-host when Koch is away, similar to Nat covering Sam.

1 Like

Now has over 24,000 views.

Just watched an absolute awful segment from AOK this morning who practically shouted at two guests because they didn’t agree with what he had to say this morning. I didn’t even agree with Mark Latham had to say, but there is no reason to shout at a guest who you are interviewing.

Andrew wasn’t shouting and Latham was just as bad. They need to ditch him. He’s annoying and dominating every time he is on. Who cares about his opinion about anything? He’s a pain. I thought he surely would’ve outstayed his welcome in the media by now.

Sunrise uses Latham in the exact same manner they use Pauline Hanson. They wheel him out when they want to create a bit of controversy.

4 Likes

AOK’s body language from the first segment about Bronwyn Bishop earlier on in the show clearly shows he isn’t a fan of Mark.

Latham is a dick but did feel AOK took it a little too far whilst in the hosts chair.

3 Likes

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:367, topic:101”]
…Sunrise won on Thursday and Friday.
[/quote] = Interesting

1 Like

Another win yesterday for Weekend Sunrise. That’s at least 5 in a row I think. Love the show but not the latest change at 8am with the hosts doing the first 2 news headlines…it didn’t work on the weekday edition so why introduce it? Also don’t like the change to the intro music, it’s blah.

2 Likes

[quote=“spw68, post:1039, topic:69”]
Love the show but not the latest change at 8am with the hosts doing the first 2 news headlines…it didn’t work on the weekday edition so why introduce it? Also don’t like the change to the intro music, it’s blah.
[/quote] I am glad Weekend Sunrise is winning again, really is a great show. I agree with you about the theme music, I would say it is an attempt to go more serious, but whenever Sunrise attempts to ditch ‘Reach Up’ they are ‘forced’ to revert back. I really like the idea of Ange and Andrew on the couch when they start the program but I would also get Simon and Sally to join them (introduce them on their behalf). As for the 8am news thing, I do understand what you mean however I don’t mind it. Pell (if he is in charge of WS) I believe decided to make the 8am block more serious is to align WS with Today. Since Feb 13, Today on the weekend has become more serious with news block with the hosts and the news reader at 8am and of late also at 9am. @spw68 you should also note that ever since they started that 8am single presenter news headlines thing, Weekend Sunrise began to win. I love Weekend Sunrise’s investigations, debates and discussions, love the team ( don’t limit Sally’s on air presence, IMO she brings a little spice to the desk). Just please limit the use of Latham. Please!

1 Like