Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

He does seem to be away alot.

Do you need to respond to every post?

We were having a discussion previously about how much time off Matt seems to be having from the weekend show.

Exactly.

Perhaps heā€™s exhausted from having re-voiced another dodgy true crime doco Seven picked up on the cheap from TMZ. Must be soul destroying to have your journalism experience wasted by your employer in that manner.

He did the special the other night and did some hosting of The Latest plus weekdays during summer and bushfire coverage on weekdaysā€¦ maybe heā€™s owed a few days off? Or maybe heā€™s filming something else? Or maybe heā€™s attending to something with his ill mother?

5 Likes

I did wonder that. About your last point. And was moreso wondering if theyā€™d mentioned why he was away.

I donā€™t get this pre-occupation with needing to know why a presenter isnā€™t on air. Surely the reason for absence is between the presenter and his/her superiors and is nobody elseā€™s business. When I take a day off I donā€™t feel the need to justify it with anyone but my boss. Not even my colleagues need to know why Iā€™m not at work and I donā€™t feel I need to give them a reason if I donā€™t want to.

9 Likes

You must be new here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

When youā€™re on tv we will obsess over your disappearance too.

2 Likes

Only the stupid ones. :laughing:

its cuz the paparazzi arrived :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

If being on TV means Iā€™ll have to deal with creepy, stalker like behaviour from viewers, Iā€™ll pass.

2 Likes

You get the point of this forum right? And itā€™s kinda part of the gig.

But I digress. My post was an observation/discussion point more than a stalker situation.

It used to be a discussion forum but some people seem to have turned it into a log of who is presenting what on certain days of the week. Itā€™s interesting and worthy of discussion if someone unexpected is presenting but it does my head in to see those post, that donā€™t really generate any discussion, pop up every day telling me that Mark Burrows is presenting the morning and afternoon news or Nat is filling in for Sam when they regularly do it. I donā€™t understand why people are obsessed by that or by the whereabouts of presenters when theyā€™re not on air. Itā€™s nobodies business and I disagree vehemently that ā€œitā€™s kinda part of the gigā€. Since when?

14 Likes

Well I agree with you on that point. I assumed it was some sort of a record keeping/archiving part of the forum.

Again, not really what I was saying in my post. But yes. Can see your point on that part of the forum.

You are part of the moderation team. You have the power to enforce this doesnā€™t happen. Have a chat with the rest of the team and see what they think. You are right. It really doesnā€™t provide anything. Just make sure you give Salty a decent severance cheque.

In recent times it has been tolerated but there was a time when such posts were removed. People seem to get something out of it but Iā€™m buggered if I know what it is.

1 Like

Which is a separate issue to what you were talking about initially, but I knew you were leading to this.

I agree with you here but it is a different issue when you are talking about Sunrise. Youā€™d remember that they are the ones who used to have ā€œMel is on holidays, Nat is off sickā€ on their news ticker. When they would return, they talk about what she did on her holidays etc. They talk about their personal lives, same with talkback radio. So, I think that is what @Troiboi was referring to.

Youā€™ve done it before, David.

Not sure constant bickering adds much either.

Sometimes I like to know what is happening in other states. If I know in advance, and itā€™s someone unusual, I might record the episode for video archives (thereā€™s heaps of this on YouTube). If there is a presenter I like (or dislike), I can tune in/out accordingly.

If you donā€™t like it, ignore it.

2 Likes

Please donā€™t modify my comments to enhance a point youā€™re trying to make. Thanks.

Mate you should have been here in 2005-2010.

1 Like

Matt Doran has returned this morning.

1 Like