Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Not really a Sunrise blooper at all is it?

2 Likes

Monday: Matt Doran is hosting with Sam this morning

6 Likes

Very disappointing that it’s not Nat co-hosting.

3 Likes

How ridiculous. That site appears more desperate every post.

1 Like

This is because neither Angie or Eddy are available (both are on opposite ends of maternity leave), and Angela Cox might be reporting for The Latest this evening and so won’t want a long day in the office.

This is the first non-public holiday that Kochie has had off since returning for the year on January 6.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is a reason- Monique (and others) is available for news.

I’m not sure why you would choose to use Matt over Nat, as Matt isn’t a suitable successor for Kochie, IMO. His personality is quite beige, there is no one to replace him on weekends and this morning there was no chemistry between him and Sam. Whenever, I turned on, they rarely interacted with (or looked at) each other, Sam opting to do so with other members of the cast instead. Kochie and Sam have more chemistry than these two, despite the usual duo heavily disliking each other, lol. If it is just about getting the best person for the job, Nat is a more familiar and much stronger host.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20200511-094843~2

5 Likes

I dare say because they haven’t had to work together before. Maybe they are testing to see if Matt is a successor for Kochie - who will no doubt call time in the next few years. They really don’t have many other male presenters to take on the role at this stage.

Matt is not the right person to replace Kochie. On any day of the week.

4 Likes

I feel like Matt doesn’t look like he wants to be there on Sunrise. He doesn’t look very natural and hyped up as he used to (kind of like Karl Stefanovic since this year).

Probably wishing he was back on 10 with Natarsha Belling.

2 Likes

No clarification to viewers about what CGTN is. Propaganda.

2 Likes

In English.

Maybe people should read the article then, before jumping to conclusions. The picture is in context (a headline is to get you in, not tell you the whole story).

And let me tell you, Sunrise would do exactly the same thing!

1 Like

Seriously? Oh well, we’re doing quite well thank you.

1 Like

Agree. I was a big fan of Matt during his time @ Ten. Something doesn’t sit right with Sunrise. Not sure why.

3 Likes

Still, I’d rate Matt better than Richard Wilkins, but then again even Andrew O’Keefe was a better breakfast host than Dickie, who is way out of his league as a breakfast show host.

5 Likes

No comparison LOL

They have hosted together before and, yes, they are likely trialling him. It won’t be Kochie who calls time either. There are other male candidates, and Matt isn’t at the top of the successors list BTW and, IMO, shouldn’t be.

He wasn’t hosting breakfast TV on 10. On weekends, he has grown in the role, but I think that Monique is the one who brings that out in him. Sam is usually quite good at developing chemistry with her male hosts (Andrew, Larry), so not sure what happened today. I definitely think Nat should have been in the co-host chair this morning.

If Matt is well matched with his Co-Host it is really noticeable. He was great with Tarsh Belling, also good with Angela Cox on WS a few weeks back.

6 Likes

And he was great with Mel Doyle on The Latest as well.

3 Likes