Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

What the actual fuck?

2 Likes

If that is not front page news on The Daily Telegraph tomorrow then they are not doing their job. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Are you talking to me?
Convinced myself of what?

That Nat is pre recording the covid update. You keep replying to yourself. So I figured you had convinced yourself it’s happening.

No need for the smart arse dig. I replied to my own comment so anyone reading it would know what I was referring to.

It’s alright to talk to yourself if nobody else will.

1 Like

Well I’m glad you answered me, now I have a friend.

Brisbane has been Today’s best market for a few years now. Their host involvement resonates well there, I think. Whereas Sunrise is a little more polished and formal, which works better in Melbourne. Apparently, Sunrise weren’t doing well in Brisbane a few weeks ago, which is why I suspect that they’ve had the hosts dancing at the desk recently.

2 Likes

Brisbane and Qld is where Sunrise’s initial popularity grew from way back in 2003/4.

4 Likes

??

Yeah, when they were more daggy and informal. Pell has polished the show since he has taken over which I think works in Melbourne and not Brisbane, which prefers the more informal approach. Hard to perform well in both these markets when they have very different styles, IMO. Just an observation.

Haha, it’s not so subtle either. Today does it for in and out of breaks and it has become excessive. I’ve noticed Sunrise has started to do it of late, usually during the weather segments.

I just think it was a reactive decision so they don’t seem as uptight. Crazy? Maybe. But just my analysis of different markets as to why they might not be performing well in Brisbane and how I think they are responding to it.

2 Likes

Honestly it looks quite daggy (like the old days).

A shame about that set. It’s looking quite scratched and worn after only 4 years.

2 Likes

What the fuck is with this cap?

1, the 90’s called, they want their dance moves back.

2, excessive dancing Infront of a background that literally says “CORONAVIRUS CRISIS” with unnecessary germ graphics dodging around the screen on a red-overload backdrop seems highly inappropriate and extremely insensitive.

7 Likes

Perhaps the germs and virus will go away if they can’t hide from their dancing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If Sunrise insists on having people dance on screen for some reason, they could at least get these guys back?

What about the Contain Covid Crumpers?

9 Likes

Reminds me of a cap from a few years ago that had an unfortunate headline during one of Kochie and Sam’s gags…

10 Likes

Also everyone see my avatar.

7 Likes

Simon Reeve again reporting from the Gold Coast this weekend, this time on the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions in Queensland.

5 Likes

The three breakfast shows each rated a few thousand less across week 18 compared to the previous week. But the ranking was the same with Sunrise first and News Breakfast second for the 6th consecutive week. News Breakfast was almost 15,000 ahead of Today, its biggest winning margin so far.

3 Likes

Another trashy news article from 7 NEWS & Sunrise. $2 Mcflurry’s shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone, they’ve been advertising on TV for a few weeks :man_facepalming:

1 Like