Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Nathan has just announced on Instagram that he’s become a dad for the second time.

4 Likes

That best explains why he’s been off this week. Congratulations to the Templeton family on the safe arrival of their son.

8 Likes

Sunrise was down very slightly on Wednesday and Today up very slightly. That saw Sunrise stay ahead by 90,000 while Today edged ahead of News Breakfast by 2,000 in another tight contest.

1 Like

Friday 10 April- Good Friday

Monique Wright hosting with Matt Doran.

With Angela Cox reading the rest of the day’s news,Mark Beretta with sport and Sam Mac with weather.
Entertainment with Nelson Aspen from his Long Island home.

9 Likes

Did we see much of Beretts this week other than this morning around 9am?

I think today was the first weekday Kochie’s had off since returning for the year on January 6.

4 Likes

Sunday 12 April- Easter Sunday

Weekend Sunrise is scheduled 7:00am - 10:30am.

5 Likes

Sunrise maintained a 100,000 lead over Today on Thursday. News Breakfast placed second, again slightly ahead of Today.

4 Likes

you can thank syndey for that .95,000 then brisbane with 87,000 then melbourne 85,000. seems like since sunrise is starting to become sydney centric hence the numbers for sydney

2 Likes

Most of Seven’s shows are Sydney centric already, there was never any change to that. Sydneysiders seem to be gaining some interest in Sunrise. This is either due to cast changes or because of the coronavirus.

1 Like

do you mean the cast changes here or on Today?

I think he means Sam Armytage not being there.

3 Likes

Sam has been off for four weeks now due to illness (she said so on her Instagram) and/or stress associated with presenting Sunrise during the bushfire crisis late last year.

If anything I would bank on her returning sometime after Easter.

3 Likes

I was originally referring to the cast on Today, but now I think about it, I was quite vague when saying that. TBH I am unsure if Sydneysiders are warming up to Koch and Nat or Karl and Ally.

1 Like

All depending on how she is recovering from her respiratory issues.

4 Likes

Saturday 11 April-

Jim Wilson is presenting sport again this weekend.

5 Likes

And will very likely do so until further notice.

Good Friday ratings at breakfast were the lowest for the week. Sunrise stayed above 300k and was 100,000 ahead of second placed Today. News Breakfast slipped below 200k for the first time since the COVID-19 virus became a big story and was 15k behind Today. With the different viewing habits The Morning Show outrated Today on Friday.

Sunrise won the week, on a par with the previous week, 100,000 ahead of News Breakfast that placed second. Today was a further 3,000 behind. Today and News Breakfast were each down about 10,000 week-on-week.

3 Likes

So Today finished in 3rd place again for the week.

Yes for the third consecutive week News Breakfast ranked second.

6 Likes