Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

@avocadoTV Yes, I didn’t watch much of Sunrise today- I only flickered over occasionally during conmecial breaks. So I can’t argue with when Sunrise did what (I know the interview with the next door factory worker was on Today first).

But here it goes:

Well, if you wanted to watch the entire press conference, you would have had to been watching Today. Sunrise cutaway early.

Also, I wasn’t the one who brought up the Ahern vs Woiwood, just offered a possible explanation (defending Woiwood, who is a good reporter) for why she was asking more questions. The fact is Chris is 20 years more experienced and she definitely did ask more questions (it is almost as if Woiwood realised this or was fed questions by a producer). It does matter.

By having the RH feed on Today, isn’t that staying with the story? Plus, you understand the importance of variety at breakfast (especially when the rolling coverage isn’t of national significance). Isn’t that why you didn’t have Koch in Canberra for the budget.

Today also went on to 10am, whereas Sunrise, as you corrected, finished at 9.18am.

3 Likes

If variety is important then do variety.
Don’t half ass do it with a distracting box on the screen, viewers aren’t going to concentrate on the segment with that there. And if they want to see more on the fire, having the box there as a reminder is just a ‘switch over’ trigger to someone who is covering it.
And if you don’t care about the fire then you certainly don’t want that box.
It’s a lose lose situation not to mention messy and indecisive.

1 Like

Interesting to note Kochie hosting today - on a Friday :joy::joy: @nationalnews

1 Like

Am I the only one here who thinks it was a bit unnecessary for both Sunrise & Today to extend their programs for coverage of a local factory fire?

Sure, it might be a major local story in Melbourne but I honestly don’t think the rest of the country would have really cared much about it.

8 Likes

When you have pictures like that it’s not about where the factory is.
It was a highly dangerous uncontrollable blaze with explosions and things flying through the air!
I’m not looking away no matter where I’m from…
It’s TV… not radio.

5 Likes

Blanketing large parts of the second largest city in toxic smoke, the second such fire in just over six months, great pictures, major questions about how these toxic warehouses are allowed to go undetected - sure, extra coverage wasn’t warranted.

7 Likes

Sunrise over 100k ahead for Friday. Lifts in some markets post 815am which is rare, proving viewers liked the fire and stuck around. Even in city’s other than Melbourne.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Not wall to wall coverage, but it was warranted on a national platform. The pictures coming through live was incredible. Yesterdays ratings supported this interest. If it was Adelaide or Sydney, still the same case.

3 Likes

Quote from the Pell tweet:

Studies show sleep deprivation performance is similar to being under the influence of alcohol. Is he saying the show resembles something put together by people who are under the influence?

1 Like

Meanwhile the competition is half asleep?

5 Likes

It makes me laugh that he is claiming this momentous victory for his team when they’re only experiencing this huge ratings lead because Today is currently such a clusterfuck. I haven’t been following breakfast ratings closely but hasn’t Sunrise experienced a big decline in viewership in recent years?

5 Likes

A wins a win.

3 Likes

Good for them. I’ll let off a party popper in their honour.

Sour grapes.

Don’t worry, Nine are smashing Seven in other ways. Let them have breakfast.

2 Likes

Looks like Weekend Today is now haemorrhaging. Used to be quite close on weekends. 100k ahead yesterday

1 Like

I believe they’re way up on previous years.

1 Like

Not really. The only Nine shows I watch are Nine News and Sixty Minutes occasionally.

And who put them in a clusterfuck position?
Who pressured them to sack their whole team and make panicked decisions?
I’ll leave that with you.
And before you say it was Karl’s fault, I garuentee they’d be rating much better with him/him and Sylvia still there!
But they insisted on 2 women because Sunrise does it 1 day a week. :joy:

4 Likes