Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

just drop out at :25 and :55, 2.30 of ads 2.30 of local news, back to Nat… can’t understand why Sunrise and Today don’t do this already.

1 Like

just drop out at :25 and :55, 2.30 of ads 2.30 of local news, back to Nat… can’t understand why Sunrise and Today don’t do this already.

Hard to understand why in 2016 Sunrise and Today don’t have a 3 minute local window every half hour for each 7 News room to do a local news/sport/weather/traffic insert - like Perth does.

Surely the newsrooms are staffed from about 4am with producers, crew and talent as Sunrise os often crossing to people in MEL BNE ADL PER etc for chats and crosses as early as 6am.

Perth manages to do it. Live local news, detailed weather, some traffic. What is happening in your city today.

It would fuel Sunrises next stage of growth. A new set is not going to do it.

2 Likes

I’m still not enjoying the new format all that much. The opening of each hour with Sam and Kochie reading stories is just muddied. If they were trying to mimic what Good Morning America or Today do then it needs more work, the show is also moving too fast. Interviews lasting for less than 1.30 on average. Other than this, the set looks fantastic. Is the DuranDuran Sunrise’s song gone? They haven’t used it all this week.

1 Like

Perth manages to do it - poorly.

Some tweaks seen from day 2. Yesterday, the finance plasma was refurnished with black replacing white while a new camera angle was seen in a cross to Eddy. Then today, the Front Pages full-screen graphic was altered from blue to orange.

Bec Maddern was again in the studio this morning. This was the third day in a row

1 Like

Would expect more slight tweaks over the short term. Never quite know how things look and work on air until they have to do 3.5 hrs of live tv 7 days a week from a set. Overall though I still love it :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

So Rebecca Madden is still in Sydney? Why?

I mean she’s fantastic, but I find it a little odd. She was never announced (or to a degree expected to) be part of the re-launched Sunrise?

Is she still Melbourne Correspondent?

Also, her fill-in Michael Felgate has disappeared.

So has Sydney Correspondent Sophie Hull for that matter.

WTF is Shaun White studio segemnt(s)? Yuck

She was on Monday’s show.

2 Likes

To be fair, people are much more likely to be listening to their radio in the car than watching Sunrise or Today.

3 Likes

But I watch Today while driving, got a problem with that? :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as you don’t drive on the same roads as me!

Seriously though, not sure why they bother with traffic reports on television. They’re no more than fifteen minutes apart on most radio stations, and if you’re in a city big enough to need a traffic report, you probably haven’t gotten far in fifteen minutes anyway.

3 Likes

Im getting the feeling that she’s only there to keep Melbourne’s ratings up.

Eddy’s undefined role seems like a demotion. She’s gone from travelling to presenting trashy content of entertainment and viral videos.

1 Like

i notice both Sophie Hull and Michelle Trapper sunrise correspondent’s are know sunrise reporters
but Perths Matt Tinney is still a sunrise correspondent
What is going on - i really feel sunrise needs to revert back to the old formula before people start turning off in droves

She should have been given the weekend gig on a permanent basis (with Monique returning to TDE five days a week) along with filing regular reports, interviews etc for the weekday show. She could then have joined the main team for major news coverage (ie fires/floods) and filled in for Sam/Nat throughout the year as necessary.

I’m not sure what else they have for her to do when her role is inevitably cut.

2 Likes

Hosting without the actual commitments of being on camera most of the show is a demotion from being in transit 24/7 as a glorified roadie?

2 Likes

I notice Sunrise have for some reason kept this boring story (at least for all of Melbourne & Sydney) going, about a QLD truck fire. All morning headline yesterday and again this morning.

Must be a slow news week.

QLD is the tightest brekky market anyway, is it not?

The graphics package on Sunrise is nice but I’m really not a fan of that blue font. Reminds me of www hyperlinks from 1996.

2 Likes