Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Different articles have been saying different things, I presume he would stay in Perth and commute to Sydney for the weekend. He just returned to Seven News last night so I think he will stay on the news but just scale back on commentary.

1 Like

Dennis Commetti travelled on a Friday to Sunday from
Perth to the east coast for many years calling AFL so its not completely implausible.

4 Likes

Implausible?

Maybe Perth should dust of the dialā€¦ and flick over to another channel. thereā€™s a thought.

1 Like

By the looks of things Nat will co-host on Fridays with Eddy doing Friday news and entertainment. Would personally prefer Beretts doing co-host on Friday and do sports as well with Eddy taking his spot on the desk though.

1 Like

Canā€™t it be two women hosting? I think Nat is stronger as a co-host.

2 Likes

I love Nat co-hosting hopefully if Kochie is actually working a 4 day week Nat will be co-host on Fridays.

6 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong I do love Nat hosting, I guess itā€™s just to do with the fact that I think Beretts should be used as co-host more often (unless if he chooses not to).

Iā€™ve seen him do it and heā€™s alright but there are others who are better at it. Nat is better and best qualified for the job, so she should do it.

1 Like

Says in the press release that he is staying on Seven News.

What I find intetesting is that Basil has said Kochie is continuing to do Monday - Friday. Perhaps Kochie is having one day off per month?

3 Likes

Basil will still present 7 sport
Do he breakfast radio show on 6pr

The show will be broadcast live from Melbourne next Monday (March 12) for the Moomba Festival.

5 Likes

Today was there this morning. Did they jump the queue?

1 Like

The festival started today. Itā€™s a part of the Labour Day long weekend here in Victoria this weekend. The festival finishes on Monday was a street parade

1 Like

I was wondering whether Sunrise had booked the OB for Monday but when Today found out they thought they would do one better by doing the OB today? Or vice versa.

Seems a bit coincidental

Is there something wrong with the plasmas or is it meant to look like that?

3 Likes

Well I wonā€™t be watching Weekend Sunrise anymore. I really wanted it to be Musher who got the permanent job there. Basil is already unliked by plenty of people out there, we know that from the Winter Olympics. He should stick to sports and sports commentating. I highly doubt this weekend commute will work in the long term. I reckon it wonā€™t be long, like another year or so, until he will give in and have to quit because the commute is too much.

And donā€™t think Kochieā€™s ā€˜4 day weekā€™ has started yet. He was only off this morning. There has been no mention yet on air of Kochie going down to 4 days a week, at least this past week gone. He should be back all 5 days next week including Friday.

1 Like

Its because they bought budget frameless screens and they all have different calibrationsā€¦ should just replace it with a full LED panel like they did in the performance area.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If he is likely to quit anything it would be 6PR

And did anyone happen to record the opener this morning?