Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

Nat has been in WA this week as her father in law passed away

4 Likes

Caps of the current Australia’s No. 1 promo:

4 Likes

Sunrise won last week by 41,000 including wins on every day.

5 Likes

Although ratings don’t reflect this. I still really want to see Sunrise fronted by Nat and Kochie these days. From what I’ve seen of Sunrise lately, it feels like the banter between Kochie and Sam seemed forced (a bit like Fergo and Mel). Kochie and Nat is such a better combo and when Sunrise’s ratings were down last year, Nat co-hosting often gave them a convincing win.

While Pell won’t do it, I must say that Sam is probably more suited to TMS or TDE (fronting Gossip rubbish).

3 Likes

I agree Sam would be much better suited to TMS - something lighter. I don’t think it’s any secret she a weaker interviewer on serious news (e.g., interviewing a politician) and less knowledgable on large breaking news stories. TMS or TDE, or even just news reading, would be a much better fit.

1 Like

I dont see either of the above.

2 Likes

Nat co-hosting with Kochie and Angela Cox reading news this week.

3 Likes

Michael Pell’s plan for Sunrise is more breaking news coverage:

*The Australian link requires a subscription but you can type ‘Breakfast TV Wars get Personal’ into your search engine.

Sunrise extended to 10am due to Easter Monday.

Always great to see Nat hosting.

3 Likes

I don’t really need to say this over and over again. But Sunrise is just so much better than Today in this day and age of 2017. Enough said really.

2 Likes

The people interviewed in that article (not the EP’s) don’t know what they are talking about.

That article was a whole load of nothing.

4 Likes

Watched the Perth stream this morning and the transition from the normal show to Sunrise Perth News was much better with a throw to the Perth newsroom. However, I still don’t get the format. Is it meant to be Perth Local News + Some news from Sunrise and weather (no sports)? It feels cheap IMO. Do a proper update or bulletin!

On another note, isn’t Sunrise at its best when Nat is co-hosting?

2 Likes

I agree with you about Perth news, all WA viewers wanted was some stories being inserted from WA into the news with Nat. There is no point of this Perth news because it doesn’t really tell us much. The local metro area weather is pointless as well because the temperatures are pretty much all the same at different locations. I think if there was breaking news then they should stop Sunrise and go to the Perth newsroom, but there is literally no point of this local news.

So how does that compare to Today Perth News?

I honestly feel that Today Perth news is better because it has a 30 min time frame each hour. They seem to go more in depth with stories and add more stories. Sunrise Perth news literally has 2 or 3 stories that last 20 seconds, 1 live cross which tells us nothing about the story and the whole broadcast only lasts less than 5 mins causing Matt to rush to the end and getting cut off because he needs to return back to Nat

1 Like

I honestly feel the best way out of this is for Nat to record some news, sports and weather updates for Perth viewers and insert it into the hour. Or, if they want to do it LIVE, let Nat go into that place where she did Early News for years and record from there. It’s simple and can be done.

Great!

More super exclusive breaking vision of cars into fences, upside down grainy mobile vision 7 NEWS FIRST house fire that is already out and CCTV ripped off YouTube of a racist attack that happened 6 months ago but it is breaking overnight.

1 Like

That was the main studio. She just had a green screen behind her

2 Likes

Another ‘I wake up with Today’ moment on Sunrise.

From this article, Kochie clearly hates Karl, Lisa, Sylvia, Tim, Dickie and Natalia.

From another video regarding the breakfast battle between Wake Up, Today and Sunrise, Karl says he hates Kochie, Sam, Nat, Mark and Eddy.

1 Like