Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

@nationalnews Beretts in Melbourne this morning.

IMG_20180126_085941

Public Holiday extended edition finishing at 10am.

6 Likes

Michael Usher co-hosting with Monique this weekend.

4 Likes

It’s all very interesting. Robert Ovadia presented in Sydney last night when it appears Michael is back from a break. Could he be the permanent co-host?

3 Likes

That has been extensively discussed. It was stated during a radio interview that Usher is. Just not confirmed anywhere else.

1 Like

At the start of the show, Monique welcomed Musher and joked that he is sick of working afternoons and is now working mornings.

6 Likes

Kochie has confirmed that he is only doing a four day week but we don’t know if the weekend host will do Fridays as well (what @NewsAustralia posted is only from Wiki).

Kochie only co-hosted yesterday, I think, because it was a special edition. The new roster, including Michael’s double shifts, will probably start next week.

4 Likes

And Michael did say to Monique l enjoy both.

3 Likes

Apologies for being late here.

Just found out about Michael Usher, congrats, odd decision, but he is great. Would be interested to hear why Matt Doran wasn’t selected, perhaps he declined?

2 Likes

Edwina in New York this morning

3 Likes

I wonder why Eddy needs to be there :thinking:

Because Eddy needs to be everywhere, well everywhere where a big entertainment event is happening :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Junket

Nat co-hosting with Sam and Monique Wright reading news this morning.
Kochie is off sick.

5 Likes

It probably has more to do with being employed by Seven for Sunday Night which typically involves a lot of travel. Add to that his Foxtel commitments.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was so surprised to see two female co-hosts this morning, I almost had to do a double-take to see if I wasn’t still sleeping/dreaming. When was the last time this happened on Sunrise? Normally they always follow the male-female co-host thing. It does look much better this way rather than having two females. Now the team looks unbalanced with 3 females and only 1 male, Beretts at the desk. I wonder if this means we’ll be seeing two male co-hosts sometime in the future too if they are willing to do so with the females, like Kochie and Michael Usher or Matt Doran together, anybody?

I dunno, I’d personally rather just see 2 perfectly capable hosts presenting together rather than plonking some male in there just because of an outdated view that just because it’s usually a male and female that that is the way that it should be come time when they require someone to fill-in when the regular host is away sick.

9 Likes

Is this view really outdated?

Also, I was slightly confused this morning since Sam did the Newsfeed when normally it’s Kochie that does it. If Nat was filling in for Kochie supposedly, then shouldn’t Nat have done the Newsfeed?

Yes. It should be the best person for the job, regardless of gender.

10 Likes

Do you dream a lot about Seven?

1 Like

No no, just because it was so early in the morning and all I was just using this as an expression to say how shocked I was to see Sam and Nat together co-hosting, since Sunrise haven’t been brave enough to do this much in the past.