Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

He did a report on dog viruses from the US tonight.

1 Like

Seven News Perth (26/1/2018) - Susannah Carr presenting from Studio, Rick Ardon Live from Kings Park.

3 Likes

CONFIRMED: Michael Usher will continue to anchor Sydney’s weekend news, despite his rumoured newly appointed position as Weekend Sunrise host.

It starts in the coming weeks.

7 Likes

Well that was quick…

4 Likes

I see we have the first nominee for the 2018 Media Spy Award for Fastest Backtrack

13 Likes

Has the Friday thing actually been confirmed? Kochie hosted yesterday.

2 Likes

Thank goodness for that. Being a fill-in is one thing but Robert Ovadia as a regular Friday/Saturday newsreader would be a new low for Sydney TV news.

Still think that Usher should be the main Sunday-Thursday presenter of Seven News Sydney though.

5 Likes

Probably because it was Australia Day. I think Seven would have wanted him there for that, at least for this year before he disappears on Fridays…

I always HAVE liked Robert’s presenting style!! I was referring to how most of you in the MediaSpy community think that he has terrible presenting skills. I have seen numerous posts in the past about this, hence my comment.

Someone edited Michael’s Wikipedia a few weeks ago around the same time we were discussing Michael maybe doing Friday -Sunday on Sunrise, so that could have been done by a Media Spy member,that’s not the first time this has occurred.

3 Likes

Is there anything you don’t like on Seven?

Yep. Michael Usher on weeknights, Matt Doran on weekends would make a very strong line-up. Bring Jim back to weeknights and move Mel M to weekends.

1 Like

I wonder why Michael is doing Weekend Sunrise this weekend but not Seven News? If he’s meant to be doing both why isn’t he doing it now?

2 Likes

It’s a bit like Lester Holt who hosted the weekend nightly news and weekend Today.

Don’t try to make this about my favouritism of Seven!! I’m simply trying to correct @AustralianAerial and the 10 other people who also seem to be confused about what I’m trying to say when I was originally trying to speak on behalf of what I genuinely thought was most people’s opinion of him in this forum. And according to @OnAir

So I’m likely not the only person that likes Robert’s presenting. Believe me, there are plenty of things I don’t like about Seven that need working on too, it’s just that the things I do like about them much outweigh the bad.

There’s your problem. The idea of a healthy forum is a difference of opinion and ideas. We want to hear your opinions and ideas, not what you think we want to hear.

14 Likes

The national 5PM news has returned on Saturday & Angie Asimus is back presenting it (I’m not sure if she was presenting it in the summer period or not).

Note that there will be no national 5PM news on Sunday due to tennis coverage starting from 4:00 PM AEDT.

1 Like

Not national on sat either not in Perth tennis coverage is on from 3.30

Well, I mean the 5PM news that is designed to be national, whether or not all markets can receive it due to live sporting commitments is a completely different matter.

Amelia Broun presenting on Saturday in Perth this weekend. Saturday news started at 9:45 PM immediately following men’s doubles final match but before their presentations.

Paula Voce presenting on Sunday in Perth this weekend. Sunday news started at 8:06 PM immediately following men’s singles final presentations before Roger went to speak to Hamish.

1 Like