Summer bushfires 2019/20 - media coverage

Am I correct in saying that Studio 10 is the only brekky show live into Queensland this morning?

1 Like

And News Breakfast of course:

https://twitter.com/rob_mcknight/status/1194003649548079104?s=20

4 Likes

Politicians continue to point fingers at each other as the row over climate change’s link to the unprecedented bushfires rages.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/row-erupts-over-bushfires-link-to-climate-change/news-story/c18f9016fd2876d85faa7de6778e4d1f

Natarsha Belling is presenting 10 News First continuing coverage from 12pm.

3 Likes

10 News First doing a fantastic job with Studio 10 starting earlier today.

4 Likes

2GB/4BC is covering the Bushfires head on.

ABC News Channel had Joe O’Brien this morning up until 12pm when Roz Childs took over but now at 1pm both Joe O’Brien and Roz Childs are presenting.

1 Like

Love the whole yellow jacket head to toe and hard hat firey media look when they are reporting hundred/s km away from any fire.

Sensationalism taking to new heights in these events as seen in recent cyclones up north across the years.

Has any new fires started today. Are conditions as they were predicted and have the current fires intensified? I’m overseas atm with limited internet.

Uh, no.

All media outlets, at least in Queensland, are provided with fire training and are urged to wear fire-resistant gear if covering bushfires.

If you sent a reporter to the periphery of the fire zone wearing a suit, and then conditions became more hazardous, you would be possibly in breach of WHS.

Don’t forget that the conditions in NSW have the potential to blow embers 30km ahead of the fire zone. It would be negligent to send a reporter out ill-equipped.

11 Likes

3 Likes

First time I’ve seen the 9 News Emergency Alert graphic for bushfires.

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed that the ABC is the only station get big coverage of the other networks?!

Kirsten Aiken and Gemma Veness now on ABC News Channel which is now being simulcast on ABC NSW.

1 Like

Screenshot_20191112-143833~2

1 Like

Why not do it in Brisbane also?

1 Like

Sydney 4pm bulletins:

5 Likes