Studio 10 (2015-2020)

In the caps above there is a new desk…

6 Likes

There are things I like, I love the new show logo, most of the new colours and love the new font used. The opener is great too! Happy it’s back.

I’m glad the ugly backdrops are gone but not sure I’m loving the (interim?) desk they’ve shipped up from Melbourne, hopefully the other one is being updated with the new logo - they should’ve used the spare Project one in Sydney.

The lighting looks off in some of the wide shots though, the desk is so dark. Also the blue / pink / white / teal colours in the supers are full on :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not bad overall.

4 Likes

Updated set looks great. The shape of the desk isn’t suited to the podium it sits on.

Supers are f**king ugly. I’ve tried to like the logo but I just can’t.
Too many conflicting colours. I think that blue is just out of place.

The size of the super text comparing the top to the bottom line isn’t right.

1 Like

The wedge shaped desk replacing the curve desk with Studio 10 logo in front? I prefer the latter one.

I think the white banner could be slimmed down so it’s not so intrusive. It should be the same size as the old one. The blue could be a few shades lighter to match the teal and yellow.

1 Like

The new background loops are a huge improvement.

3 Likes

I do hope the desk is just off getting an update

2 Likes

Press F for Grady

2 Likes

The New look is…Gonna take some getting used to. I love the new opener (about time!) but thats about it. I prefered the old one, with the scrolling text changing for “Coming up”, “Hot Topics” etc. It will grow on me though. And the supas are pretty bad.

Also way prefer the city skyline background over this new background.

3 Likes

That’s the desk that is used when they come to Melbourne. It’s the old one that was used for that comedy late night show that Ten did in 2017 I think it was?
Just needs a plasma on the front as it’s all good :slight_smile:

Correct, it’s the old desk from This Week Live that they used when they were in Melbourne.

So much recycling at Ten with desks and set pieces.

They cost a bloody fortune, so why not?

1 Like

I didn’t mind it being used in Melbourne and if it’s just an interim thing in Sydney while the other desk if off being modified then that’s okay.

Just stating a fact really.

Love the new look, by far the best!

1 Like

Surley that desk won’t be used for 5pm news. Hopefully they standard circle one is being updated, they need to do something about that podium they should of never lowered it should of matched the height of the other one.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s hardly used in Melbourne so why not repurpose it. So much waste happens within sets and as you said they cost $$$!
So I’m with you :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed that Ang hosts the cooking segment in the last half hour more often than Sarah.

I actually really like the overall new package, most of it seems very well thought out and great to be able to see it in use today.

Just think some tweaks to the supers (get rid of the dark blue coverup for the clock/weather) as you can see how much better it looks without it in the videos posted to Twitter etc.

That and some further set changes such as the desk refresh, new couch and getting rid of the wooden frames of the screens would top it off nicely.

3 Likes

It is certainly a refresh. As I have said, I love the colour scheme of orange, pink and yellow (why do the graphics suddenly change to aqua and blue-yuck!) The replacement of that awful harbour backdrop is appreciated.

The graphics suit 10’s look but are less artitstic (perhaps because Rob had an eye for that) than previous looks.

The let down is the set (of course). The whole set is far too dull- the desk is angular on a circular set set?, the pink hues fail to cover up the blue shaded set. The only thing I like is actually the wood panels around the plasmas (they suit this look). Did they change the area for cooking?

Any format changes?

That is Sarah’s 30 minutes off.

2 Likes

I like the new package but that blue is horrible. Should invert those graphics with blue text (or another colour) on a white background instead.

3 Likes