Studio 10

Also Larry had hosted shows before where as Tristan hasn’t so he will take time :+1:

4 Likes

The voiceover in the intro saying the name of the hosts is rather annoying and quite generic.

Despite that, I will never think Tristan is a suitable host. I can’t wait to see Studio 10 having to cover a significant breaking news event with the current panel. They will probably hand it all to Narelda.

2 Likes

Two things that instantly stick out, the social distancing between Tristan and Sarah obviously makes it look like there isn’t much chemistry between them and the use of the set is so cold with those uninspiring graphics and when in a 2 person format, especially when you’ve got Narelda on the desk by herself and Ange just aimlessly standing in front of the screen.

No doubt there will be some tweaks to the format of the show and it will look quite different in the coming weeks I’d say.

4 Likes

Sarah Regrammed Jimmy Rees IG story about congrats on the show.

Pretty nasty of Rob today sinking the boot in. I’m sure Sarah can’t stand him.

4 Likes

his comments were about content, nothing nasty in it. It’s also his job to comment on programming.

9 Likes

I don’t think so. His comments were warranted.

6 Likes

Absolutely. My point is that if they had rehearsed, a lot of the creases today would have been ironed out and Sarah and Tristan would have been a little further on in developing their chemistry. If the existing audience wanted to sample the new era, it would have been today. When you put forward a “work-in-progress” show, it’s difficult to do that, especially if you’ve taken away elements they liked.

And Sarah has hosted a morning show for 7 years. Sure, he will get better not worse, but probably not the best to re-start with someone green.

2 Likes

I think that’s the problem here - Tristan’s a dancer who doesn’t have any experience in hosting or presenting, so choosing him to co-host the show was always going to be a shaky start. The fact that they didn’t have any rehearsals beforehand just makes things worse.

I’m sure he’ll settle in throughout the next few weeks - the question is, will viewers stay and watch whilst they smooth things out or will they switch channels whilst it’s still feeling like a ‘rehearsal’

2 Likes

the weird thing is not once (I don’t think?) had Tristan been on the show in a co-host role for the old format to see if there was something there and how they interacted. It’s basically all on Sarah’s shoulders now, I feel bad for her. Nerelda doesn’t offer much, just reads the news now and i would prefer Craig’s OTT delivery of the showbiz to using Angela just for that.

1 Like
7 Likes

There’s no doubt that Sarah is the MVP here and shes been put in the unenviable role of carrying hours of morning television. She can’t really fall back on Nerelda or Ange with their roles now. And while Tristan is pretty and nice, his presenting skills fall flat.

Will it last? If its truly running on the smell of an oily rag, then yes 10 will probably keep it on as some local content to fill their quota.

1 Like

Preview

Opener

3 Likes

Content really needs work.

First segment spent making a big deal out of Tristan not wearing socks :roll_eyes: Pretty sure they did enough of that yesterday. Sarah also had a crack at the negative online opinions.

3 Likes

Were these two screen tested? I know it’s only day two, but Yikes, there’s not much chemistry to work with.

2 Likes

Second segment was a social media young girl with a chicken on her head. Complete with a live cross to the little girl and the mother.

:rooster:

1 Like

Where’s the fucking news. Jeez you need light and shade not just light.

8 Likes

D.D.D.

4 Likes

Sounds riveting.

6 Likes

Yes, usually if a show is thinking of such a change and they can test people out on air you’ll notice them doing it. Get the feeling these changes have been very last minute.

Usually a sofa is better for this style of show but given the layout of the set and the need for social distancing (well, when they feel like it) the desk may be better, especially for the background screen.

Ultimately though a show is usually better off trying to be a better version of itself rather than an inferior version of the competition