Studio 10

There were articles recently about Sarah doing hush-hush tests with Tristan a few months back to see if he would be suitable. I would’ve thought 10 tested out the chemistry between Sarah and Tristan etc. to see if he was a good choice.

Is it just nerves or were 10 just desperate to find a replacement? He just seems so unnatural, but seeing as Tristan doesn’t have much experience as a host he might need a few weeks to settle in.

Should’ve kept Tarsh.

A Sarah, Andrew Rochford/Chris Brown and Tarsh combo along with rotating 4th panelists would surely still be better than the current rubbish? Less controversies with the absence of KAK and Joe but still focussed on hard news and light segments like the old days would be a much more appealing.

Tristan is nice but really awkward with Sarah and The Morning Show/Today Extra 3.0…I mean Studio 10 just seems comparatively inferior content-wise.

4 Likes

Yeah he seems like a lovely guy but the fact that he’s not a journalist and doesn’t have any experience hosting/presenting is a problem. Throwing a dancer into reading autocues and presenting that type of content was probably not the best idea.

How many “brand new eras” can one show have?

1 Like

What happened to your threats about never watching again if Joe and KAK go?

#theboywhocriedwolf

2 Likes

Promo for tomorrow’s show

Yes, its not good. Clearly people (behind the scenes) have been let go too. I’m sorry, but I cant see this lasting past the end of 2020.

Is the article correct in that they didn’t actually discuss any news based content, with the reasoning of wanting to be inoffensive to appeal to advertiser? TMS and Today Extra still manage to discuss the news without being “offensive”, it’s not inevitable that one follows the other. So many odd decisions with this whole thing, I really feel for Sarah.

4 Likes

Sarah is a big girl. I reckon she’s spent all of her afternoon job hunting!

7 Likes

Might as well air informercials for four hours instead.

Or they can dust off the old test card for four hours. Might rate better than the actual show :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Amused to see how Rob described the show.

If social media is any indication of the way viewers of Studio 10 are feeling today, then the revised show can only be summed up in one word…

DISASTER

I mean, it wasn’t great. It’s clear that Sarah and Tristan do have chemistry but Tristan hasn’t had time to warm up into the role, and with Angela pushed aside Sarah is naturally carrying the entire show. The camera switching was awful, the infomercials are a constant bombardment and the pay-off never feels quite worth it. Hopefully the cuts behind the scenes have left a team that are willing to work through it, because they’ll need to for the show to survive.

As far as disasters go, however, this is far from the worst thing 10 has aired in the breakfast/mornings timeslot. It needs work, and existing audiences are probably going to be turned off by the change of format, but it’s not a disaster - it’s just very, very rough.

1 Like

Nope. The EP selected Tristan as co-host. Then, as @lexington revealed, the “rehearsal” was shooting that dancing promo. Sarah revealed today that this was the first time she knew he was the co-host (hence no chemistry tests with anyone else).

I agree that the word is a little dramatic but perhaps Rob was referring to the social media reaction being a disaster for them, more than the show itself.

1 Like

Screenshot_20200914-183825~2 Screenshot_20200914-183744~2

4 Likes

Wow I had absolutely no idea!! Pretty bold of the EP to do that - she must’ve had a lot of faith in Tristan.

1 Like

I feel so sorry for Sarah. She is an absolute pro and saved them today. Tristan seems very shy and I hope will become more confident in the role. Sarah deserves better than this. Thank God Ang was there to back her up today.

7 Likes

I miss this guy (Joe Hildebrand).

5 Likes

It was his first show mate…geez let them settle! Would love to see how Larry and Kylie were on their first day!

2 Likes

@Bob

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk1kkAfYSsI

2 Likes

Glad you bought it up. Compare the pair:

The difference is chemistry tests, rehearsals, great EP, natural talents and they were number 1.

8 Likes