Studio 10

Watching this to remind me how good the show was…

15 Likes

You literally only need to watch the opener and it feels inviting and watchable.

8 Likes

Agree 100%. And it had that anything can happen feeling.

4 Likes

The issue is there is no vibe.

4 Likes

Ang looks so awkward just standing at the wall and Sarah calling her into the chat…

It almost feels like its the Sarah show.

This is so sad that this is now what the show is

4 Likes

I felt like I was watching a rehearsal this morning… I don’t think it’s the talent - Tristan is fresh, and will take time to feel comfortable, but every segment felt under-produced and pointless.

As people have said - off the bat there was little energy. The opener is bland, the focus on Tristan felt unnatural. The first time I felt comfortable was with Narelda (she is such a nautral talent).

I like Sarah on the couch, but I felt like we were back to the days of Sandra sitting side saddle at the news desk. The camera angle shouldn’t be looking up her skirt.

If I wasn’t previously invested in watching this show, I’d have no reason to watch it now.

I don’t know what this show wants to be, or where it’s going.

Call the paramedics!

6 Likes

Sarah was always going to carry the show for the first day, and maybe first few episodes until he finds his feet.

4 Likes

So i’m only up to 8.30 due to the time difference, but is there any news discussion at all??

In this time of quick cancellations, there just isn’t the time to get it right. People stop watching instantly, and take a long time to come back.

From memory, the original team were practicing for weeks before they went to air for the first time. This should’ve also had the same attention.

9 Likes

It’s like the Today 2019 relaunch. Very little time for anyone on the new team to get to know each other properly so you receive a subpar show.

7 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

That’s why you have chemistry tests and rehearsals. Throw people together and what do you expect… this.

7 Likes

Tristan forgot to put socks on this morning or the hair and make up staff put his pants in the dryer? :joy:

1 Like

The show is painful to watch now. 10 has really fucked up. Not a fan of the accents either…

Tristian reminds me of Ben from Ticker Jumpstart

3 Likes

Although this is a current style trend, it is a bit jarring on Morning TV

1 Like

They were too busy using up all the expiring foundation on his face.

3 Likes

It looks like he may actually need some glasses - he’s squinting to read the prompter.

1 Like

Nice, you found a clip from my time on the show! In hindsight I look so desperate getting that audience up for the standing ovation but man that studio had so much energy! I do think that Gloria Jean deal also helped wonders with Damo the barista. The set used to always smell like coffee and during the ads there was loads of laughter on set.

Tristan is definitely struggling on camera, which is a shame because he seems like such a genuine bloke and I don’t want to pick on someone. He’s great for DWTS but I think you can tell the camera readiness between him and someone like Andrew Rochford or Chris Brown. Both came from other industries but are very confident on camera because they’ve been doing it for years. Tristan looks pretty but that only gets you so far!

11 Likes

That’s a bit nasty I don’t think we need to poke fun at people’s looks. Makeup or no makeup.

2 Likes