Studio 10

Journalist Daniel Doody is Studio 10’s new roving reporter and starts in November. He was previously in the ABC South East NSW newsroom.

1 Like

‘Welcome to the house of fun’ :thinking:

KAK was on the show yesterday promoting Pippin.

2 Likes

It was weird to essentially sack someone for budget cuts but then invite them back for an interview on their previous show.

Awkward.

2 Likes

To be fair, she has been doing the rounds. She’s also appeared on Seven and Nine to promote her new gig.

But yes, it is sort of strange for them to have her back on/her wanting to come back on after they sacked her.

2 Likes

Sounds like some weird-ass cult!

1 Like

I was gonna make fun of his last name but I can’t now!

1 Like

Because you’ve matured as a human being? :rofl: Nah, I can’t keep a straight face.

1 Like

Beverley McGarvey said on 10 upfronts this afternoon:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Just watched 10 minutes of Studio 10. Tristan didn’t speak once. Sarah and Ange work so well together. They showed a clip from ‘Kyle and Jackie O’ (2 minutes), and their producer spoke (three words) more than Tristan (10 minutes).

6 Likes

As the result, Friday’s show will be shown live in all states.
NSW/VIC/ACT/TAS: 8am to 12pm
SA: 7.30am to 11.30am
QLD: 7am to 11am
NT: 6.30am to 10.30am
WA: 5am to 9am

1 Like

10 Finally has a breakfast show again.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Studio 10 has gone absolutely nuts with their Borat segment this morning.

2 Likes

Isn’t it Rudy Giuliani who goes for his nuts in that movie? :laughing:

1 Like

Definitely nuts :

4 Likes

It was the press conference for me - it was paid promotion but gone too far.

The chemistry is still bad. There was so many awkward moments during today’s show - especially towards the end where they cut Natasha off during news then awkwardly threw back to her.

1 Like

I watched it today and sadly I agree, the chemistry is awkward, like really awkward and everything is so stilted. From burpees, to replotting plants, embarrassing sexual innuendo and bizarrely Pseudo Echo. The Borat thing even had competition for the most cringe worthy segment.

I’ve never got a good vibe from Sarah Harris. She always seems snooty, bitchy, condescending and lacking genuine warmth. She tries but it always comes across as forced and an approximation of what she thinks warmth is. Truthfully I wish she had been given the boot along with that awful KAK.

I liked Tristan and his corny jokes and innuendos. He comes across as really awkward, not sure if its nerves, thinks he’s in over his head or needs a better co host. I hope he isn’t made the scapegoat if things turn pear shaped. He has potential.

Natasha has the same vibe as Sarah but I like her a lot more. She also shows genuine vulnerability which makes her a bit more endearing. Though it always seems like she has this underlying sadness and fragility about her.

My god I love Jess Rowe to pieces. She has such a good, fun, kooky energy. I always feel she gets overlooked and is never truly appreciated. She even made that horrendous burpee segment fun. That outfit was iconic.

The show feels very schizophrenic and it still doesn’t feel like it has a clear identity. I wish the paid advertisements would disappear. So clunky and embarrassing and takes away the impact from when they get serious or talk about serious news or subjects.

2 Likes

No one seems comfortable being on the show unlike previous formats.

They are flogging a dead horse now - it’s time for something completely new.

All the segments are fluff on another level. I can’t see this show ever carrying any on-going breaking news coverage ever again under their current lineup. 10 should have chosen a co-host with a journalistic background so they have an idea of what they are fucking doing.

Sarah has changed tons since this new format was implemented. It’s like she is carrying the whole show and ready to jump across the couch to strangle him Homer Simpson style in frustration.

Honestly this clip is a good example. You can see Tristian is trying to find a way to come into this conversation but Sarah is carried away because of the good chemistry she has Craig - especially from 0:50 onwards.

He’s like the third wheeler in a friend group.

2 Likes

They have another post up and the comments are just glowing

3 Likes