Studio 10

Message from Tristan and Ang:

https://twitter.com/Channel10AU/status/1724266607227117807

2 Likes

“very special announcement” sure is one way to say “axed”

8 Likes

I thought that straight away.

“Special announcement”. Special?

3 Likes

Not shocked by this news. Ten management have no one to blame for the show’s demise but themselves. Sarah’s lucky she got out when she did.

3 Likes

I thought the same too! “An important announcement” would have sufficed. ‘Special’ implies something good! :woozy_face:

It’s unfortunate it has come to this, but the writing has been on the wall for last couple years after they changed direction, and this announcement felt inevitable.

Good to see a greater emphasis on News though as an outcome.

4 Likes

Why announce its return at upfronts last week? Surely they would have known it wasn’t coming back.

Edit: actually, they didn’t. We should have known!!

5 Likes

I’ve been told that the team weren’t even at the upfronts either.

2 Likes

Shame on us.

How did we miss this?

1 Like

Tristan would be a great host on DWTS! Was he previously? Or I’m he would love to move onto some sports show.

I’d they scale back Project too could they possibly be thinking of trying another breakfast show?

Im sure it was mentioned here that it wasn’t mentioned. But little chat about it after that. (I think). Nothing about them not being there tho IIRC.

3 Likes

Channel 10 - The Ex-morning Network

1 Like

Us on this forum will miss this show. Your normal everyday viewer wont. Will all of our attention go to The Morning Show and/or Today Extra in 2024? lol.

10 years of live tv is nothing to be sneezed at though. It is a big achievement. All of us can say that the early days were great. After a mass exodus on the show, they did revamp the show and tried to make it a 2 hour “fast” show. But it didn’t make the cut, unfortunately.

Angela Bishop to go back to more entertainment reporting for 10? Tristian to continue his “sideline commentating” for the A-League in the new year?

@blackbox We will miss your contributions in here too. You started a great show.

10 Likes

Huh? Where’s @blackbox going?

Think they’re referring to @blackbox 's involvement within this thread when he was running the show.
He was very active and took a lot of feedback from us - the move to the newsroom even involved a mockup of a desk from here.

7 Likes

Oh right, sure. Those kind of interactions ended years ago though when he left the show.

1 Like

10’s Upfronts were that big. While the team wasn’t there, Angela was at the Sydney one as she reported.

5 Likes

Did Nerelda say she will be back? That was obviously the first stage. Tristan has probably been in meeting all last week.

1 Like

No doubt a replacement show might be in the works. I could potentially see Morning television returning to ATV10.

1 Like

Get Natasha Exelby back on the payroll

2 Likes

I loved Studio 10 and probably one of the few who chose 10 in the morning…. I really do hope 10 try something else.

Studio 10 was really doomed when they stopped being original and went to the smiler format of their competition.

2 Likes