Studio 10

From memory we did the first two segments at 9.30 but also went live whenever there was breaking news as I didn’t think it was right to air 2 or 3 hour old news

12 Likes

Thanks for the insight! Studio 10 was an amazing morning show back when you ran the production :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Thank you for the very kind words.

11 Likes

Is it just me or do these screens seem a bit burnt out?

Are they burnt out or just part of the effects of the package?

2 Likes

Maybe…

Just graphics effects

1 Like

They do look quite dim

Stevie Jacobs hosting today with Jess Eva and Angela Bishop.

1 Like

Narelda features on the October issue of Australian Women’s Weekly, on sale from today.

1 Like

Wednesday’s team may have achieved the show’s lowest rating for the year - at about half of the already poor numbers. Not sure what else was happening yesterday morning but the other two morning shows were also down though still reasonable results. 10 really must address the numbers that now can see the lead in program rate higher. 10 News Midday still manages an ok result with an occasional highlight.

Tristan is back today.

6 Likes

So shortening the show from 3.5 (or was it 4) hours long to a simplified 2 hours long hasnt helped its ratings? Such a shame really. I agree that 10 needs to address the low ratings, somehow.

Aat least the Midday News is doing “okay-ish”.

2 Likes

Problem as such wasn’t really about the length of the show, but more about the content and how it’s being delivered- I.e. the presenters.

The show was best when it was original and authentic, right now it’s a poor imitation of the competitors with terrible lead-in programming.

They’ve shown they’re comfortable with the show being mediocre, as it must still turn a profit with the advertorials.

My guess is we’ll lose the show altogether before they bother to try anything worthwhile to try solve any of the issues.

A shame really, it once had a real chance of being competitive.

14 Likes

Good point there. The original presenters (and rreporters), and even the segments they once had, were great.

These days, with some rotating presenters going by this forum, it does look like the presenters (and style) is a problem. Some wprk well together, some not so much so.

3 Likes

The show should have been axed years ago.

1 Like

Should’ve been axed when they cut the original team in 2020.
Use the current format under another name.
The brand is tarnished now.

8 Likes

Sarah was the show’s asset (in its current form). I have no idea why they thought it would maintain (if not improve) this year with just the leftovers.

I know it’s tough having the competitors having a head start but to rate lower than the encores is bad.

5 Likes

Does it make money? If so it’ll stay, but glad to see midday news doing well. But a totally new name etc. means nothing if it’s the same boring format and people.

5 Likes

Adds to local content quotas too, for a fairly cheap outlay, I imagine.

1 Like

I feel the biggest (recent) mistake in changing the format was to remove most of the news content. The show is all fluff and while some of that might be of passing interest, most notably Angela’s excellent entertainment reports, it isn’t enough to sustain a program that is already stuff full of infomercial fluff. Line-ups for TMS and Today Extra heavily rely on news content - most recycled from the earlier breakfast programs, but new to those who just turn on at 9am. Turn on STudio 10 at 10.30 and the first item is about fashion etc; hardly engaging ir current.

7 Likes