Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Daggy, happy and fun! I love it

1 Like

I love the ā€œIā€™m Jono Colemanā€¦ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s great. Now includes Ding Dong!

i actually like the new opening:)

1 Like

The jingle works well for Buddy Goodeā€™s month in review song, but as the permanent theme song it sounds bloody ridiculous. Surely the bouncing lyrics part especially is a piss-take and no more than a one-off gag.

Having said that I loved the slightly darkened set in the opening shot that then lights up as the camera sweeps past the audience and towards the doors.

3 Likes

It sounds perfect for Studio 10. They arenā€™t afraid to make fun of themeselves and I think its awesome. And yes, Iā€™d put money on the bouncing Lyrics part just being for todays debut. And FINALLY that Harrison Ford Grab has been replaced in the opener!

The opening shot today did look good and I really like the ā€œAcross Australia, Iā€™m Jono Colemanā€ bit.Overall, I think its a good change. Next thing I would change is the set. Its ok, just could use a freshen up as some elements date back to Episode 1 in 2013!

Does this show skew really old? It does feel really daggy and a bit nursing home-ish

Iā€™d hazard a guess itā€™s primarily female and probably older audiences as it is daytime.

I really love the new opener, the best bit is that jingle showing off all the cast, retro but works. We need more jingles in TV, so good job @blackbox

I agree, but keep current elements of the set but simplify it to make it less cluttered. And add news updates at (maybe 2) throughout it.

Miss the up-lifting music Rob and it is a bit of a jumbled mess, lyrics wise, after, ā€œWe love Deniseā€¦ā€. But I do like the modified presenter line-up part.

2 Likes

I mean - I think this skews much older than your typical daytime show or the morning
Show or Today extra.

Iā€™d say it also skews old compared to The average show on Ten.

It used to feel younger - now they have gone so far towards dagginess and kitsch - it feels nursing home
Ish instead of young and fresh

So glad the Harrison Ford grab is gone.

1 Like

@Travis

4 Likes

The bouncing lyrics were back today! :persevere:

Along with some weird attempt from Rob to get the audience to sing the song. Iā€™m not a fan.

The new opening shots with the darkened set look great though. Definitely hope they keep these.

3 Likes

I noticed that. They definitely should go. But i like the audience singing along and still really love the theme.

1 Like

They appeared as part of an ad this afternoon on TEN too. I think they are here to stay - very daggy but very Studio 10. I like them @blackbox - they are Buddy Good!

1 Like

The theme song for the opener sounds terrible. The images look good.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen on Facebook Studio 10 are asking for viewerā€™s feedback/suggestions after this week with the game day and hypnosis segment.

For my two cents:

• I feel as if the ā€œcoming upā€ leading into the ad breaks is waaaay too frequent. If those are cut down, you would almost have time for another segment!

• I personally think the audience is under-utilised. It would be awesome getting a couple of their opinions on the hot topics.

• I personally can see something like Sunriseā€™s R.O.S Wall working very well with the format of Studio 10. Viewers send in questions and Robbo seeks to investigate and puts it together in a package, or a guest comes in to be interviewed? I see Studio 10 as a very viewer/audience-orientated show and this would help viewers feeling even more apart of the show!

Love the show though, keep up the awesome work!!

3 Likes

Totally agree. The most annoying thing about the showā€¦by far. I watched it for about half an hour on the weekend and it pissed me off that I saw the same promo for whatā€™s coming up on Monday. Just silly really.

2 Likes