Studio 10 (2015-2020)

It’s not falling apart. Ratings are down, but some rearranging and reinvention is good. I’m excited for the show once again! I haven’t felt that way since last year.

1 Like

Makes you wonder if the upcoming court hearing has something to do with this abrupt departure.

2 Likes

Haven’t been a loyal viewer of Ten in the morning since The Circle was axed mid-2012, nor any morning show. I haven’t even watched breakfast tv regularly in a few years now, used to love it though.

Great that Ten kept Gorgi Coghlan around. Yumi Stynes got lost in the wilderness it seems. Chrissie forged onto bigger career. And Ding Dong came back to Ten a couple of years ago as a guest, then regular on Studio 10.

Also for good measure, @cmo you’re a very negative person, like a grumpy old man on all of Ten’s forums. Please stop.

1 Like

No

6 Likes

Erm, no. Yumi Stynes is currently on KIIS’s 3PM Pick Up and also does podcasts for ABC radio.
http://www.kiis1065.com.au/shows/3pm-pick-up/

1 Like

Ita Buttrose Departs Studio 10.

Network Ten today announced that after almost five years as co-host of the morning show Studio 10, Ita Buttrose has stepped down. Her final show will be tomorrow.

A legendary media editor, business person, television personality, best-selling author and dedicated community and welfare contributor, Ms Buttrose has been one of the hosts of Studio 10 since it first went to air in November 2013. Her experience, intelligence, warmth and insights have been an invaluable part of the show.

Ms Buttrose said: “I have had a long involvement with Network Ten, stretching back many years. I’ve had five great years on Studio 10, but it is time for me to move on and focus on other parts of my life, including spending more time with my grandchildren and writing.”

Ms Buttrose is currently writing two books. She has published 11 very successful books, including her best-selling autobiography A Passionate Life.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “We are very sad to see Ita leave Studio 10. She has been with the show since day one and has been a wonderful member of the team.

“Ita is a true legend of the Australian media and a great colleague. Everyone at Studio 10 and Network Ten, as well as her many fans, will miss her but we fully understand and support her decision to step away from the show. She is, of course, welcome to come home to Studio 10 at any time.”

Network Ten will announce new co-hosts to join Studio 10’s Sarah Harris, Joe Hildebrand and Denise Drysdale soon.

7 Likes

Rewatched and it was nothing. Move along.

1 Like

No, shush.

You and other members constantly fanboy Ten so at least there’s a little bit of balance and variety of opinion on this forum.

8 Likes

You can watch it here:

http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/studio-10/2018/4/24

1 Like

Thanks Tenplay on TelstraTV isn’t working for me ATM.

1 Like

Ita’s loss won’t impact the show very much. She is an iconic has been, much like Denise. Their best years are behind them but they’re good ambassadors for positive ageing and comedic light relief.

2 Likes

Denise worked on Monday too so it is good to see she is back more than one week a month.

I know I am alone here, but I am going to miss Ita. She added experience and respect, particularly during the Hot Topic segments. As I have said before, the panel of Sarah, Joe, Jess, Denise and Ita was the best where they offered a variety of views and talents (Ita did well in the Hot Topics and Denise did a better job in the lighter segments).

Sad to see her go. Remember, Adam Boland initially had her as the main host of the show.

Also interesting that they mentioned it was a “mutual” agreement. It seems Ten aren’t trying to keep their talent if not offering an impossible ultimatum so they leave. I believe PART of Jess’ resignation was because of the toxic work culture. Similarly, Ita would have been a lot of $$$$ for Ten.

2 Likes

“Co-hosts”, hopefully they plan on replacing Jess with someone full-time.

2 Likes

See I disagree. Denise Scott will do great at compensating for the entertainment that is currently missing in Denise’s absence. However, I feel she will struggle in the Hot Topics segments (similarly to Ding Dong). Carlotta and Susie Elemann do great in both departments.

I think when they are talking about a terrorist attack, for example, Ita made valuable contributions to the discussion. This is needed.

It is about balance and it WOULD have been good to have Ita and Denise together.

I would say that they need more than one person to share the role with Denise. They will likely keep Jess’ seat as the guest host.

In the Sydney Morning Herald article they say there will be announcement of two new hosts in coming weeks. So if Denise is a part-time host, there must another regular they will announce.

1 Like

I think Jono Coleman is a good lighter fit for that spot if neither Denise Drysdale/Scott are available. He has been wasted on advertorials for so many years.

Given the amount of times Angela Bishop has been filling in, I’d suggest she’d be in pole position to have a permanent gig if she wants it.

3 Likes

I still reckon Meshel Laurie is a good replacement for Jess, but would she relocate to Sydney or even commute for the show?

This is really unfortunate about ita leaving studio 10 and she will be quite a significant loss. to studio 10 and network ten broadly but it seems to me IMO that ten management didn’t understand that fact when they let her go from studio 10.
and as i previously mentioned in one of my earlier posts on this thread when jess left this show. is unfortunately going down the same road as the circle imo because the numbers for studio 10 will never recover from here because ita was really the standout of the show.and now that shes gone unless the new the cohosts was as entertaining and worming as ita was.than imo give this show about maybe a year. or two before it is given the axe by management and thats really unfortunate as it offered a difference in the morning tv market.and also best wishes in her future endeavors she a media legend who has definitely earned herself a bit of the rest IMO.