Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Still dont think they should have fired Rob. And have they even appointed an EP as replacement?

1 Like

According to that article Denise is contracted to appear one week a month on Studio 10 this year.

1 Like

I found it weird how Ita was only on for a few segments this morning. Thatā€™s not normal?

1 Like

Obviously News Corp sour grapes but if it is trueā€¦these two women should grow up for gods sake! They shouldnā€™t be on the show anymore as they have need fresh faces not stale ones that have been there done that!

1 Like

Thats a problem with the new set. When they get Guests in they often have to take someone out as there is no room. Happens with Joe & Jess too. They need to bring the couch back IMO

7 Likes

Fresh faces that the audience donā€™t know, lā€™m guessing part of the regular audience of this show would love Denise and Ita because they are familiar faces who have both had long careers in the media and are regarded in high esteem.
Personally l think the show is lucky to have both of them on the show.

1 Like

this goes to show how childish and immature this show has become no wonder its still gets low ratings im so glad i decided to longer watch this childish show

Yes but you need people that all audiences you are trying to reach can relate toā€¦

Maybe a secondary show is needed or maybe instead of repeating old material on weekends make it relevant 7 days a week

The end is near thatā€™s for sure. The Circle was axed for less than this.

1 Like

Disagree it was terrible and something that belonged on community tv. I liked the original opener they had that was still fun but professional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each to their own. the original opener was way too generic IMO. Like sunrise. They started with an identifiable themesong and then went generic. They quickly changed it back.

Yeah seems like it will be a generic opener with a different song each day.

Kind of ridiculous to even have her as a regular panellist if she is on so little.

The biggest problem this show had was changing set and extending until 12pm. It just drags on and on.

2 Likes

Ita seems to be the one with the problem. She gets paid way more than the others and only does 3 days a week. Ratings went up when Denise came along.

Thats why I think they need to break it up into 2 shorter shows, a 2 and half or 3 hour show, (at 8am or 8:30am) then a 1 hour show (possibly a format like 11am or The Daily Edition) possibly airing at 11am (straight after), midday ( possible air move Dr Phil to 1pm and Neighbours to 11am to midday.) or 1pm (after possibly after Dr Phil at midday and move ET and Neighbours to 11am to midday.)

But havenā€™t we been told that the ratings are higher heading up to midday. If anything, itā€™s the earlier part of the show that could be ditched.

If they ever decided to split the show into two separate shows, then there could be an argument for a newsy type show early on and another with a focus on entertainment later.

Ita works two days a week and how do you know what she earns?

It just seems like whoever is in charge currently is working hard to remove everything unique from the show. Sure, some elements may have been cheesy but they were identifiable as Studio 10.

I personally really like the set in the newsroom. Its a lot more versatile in terms of presentation. I only wish that they would switch out for a couch ocassionally as the lighter topics at the desk just donā€™t seem to work.

I hope the ariticles Re denise & Ita are wrong and the part about Denise only doing 1 week a month is wrong. She is the main reason a lot of new viewers came to the show. Rob knew that, and worked hard to make her happy. If she is down to one week a month, they need to recruit a new panelist (Lisa Wilkinson anyone?) and make Denise a special guest.

The opener just seems so generic. The previous opener (even before the themesong, with the clips from the show) just was fun and set the tone for the show.I suspect Jonoā€™s voiceover will go soon as the promos have now moved away from the ā€œSee what all the fuss is aboutā€ Tag and is now ā€œStudio 10 - get more out of your morningsā€. I also notice it is very rare Jono is live anymore.

So elements that are gone are Buddy Goode, Ding Dong Does Dinner, The $5 Quizā€¦ its just a shame :frowning:

Not much has also been said about Sarah. i know sheā€™s on Maternity Leave, but last time it was like ā€œI was talking to Sarah on the weekendā€ā€¦That kinda thing. I also wonder if Sarah is watching the show at home and thinking ā€œThats not studio 10ā€¦ā€

1 Like

Sheā€™s gloated about it in the past on the show and the media have reported on it.

Ita should step down as regular panelist and just do Ask Ita + Special Reports IMO. I much prefer the show with Denise over Ita.

3 Likes

could call the 1 hour show The Lunch Wrap (In the tradition of shows starting with the word ā€œTheā€ ā€¦ we have had The Midday Show, The Mike Walsh Show (both on 10 and 9), The Circle, The Catchup and The View already)