Studio 10 (2015-2020)

That ‘News Update ‘ graphic looks like something from a mock or a fake news bulletin in a movie or TV show

10 Likes

I agree, it looks too generic in my opinion, if they used the same font as the Supers although less compressed and added some other elements from Studio 10’s branding, then I think it would look more official.

It doesn’t hurt to integrate the Network’s flagship News Service in its other programs, it promotes better brand recognition and makes the “TEN” Brand stand out other than from the 5.00pm Bulletin, as that is currently the only way the service is promoted, they could semi brand it as the Morning News on Ten Eyewitness News.

3 Likes

*5:00PM :wink:

1 Like

First I say Susannah Carr from Seven News Perth presents behind a green screen, instead of in front, and now I can’t remember the time of Ten’s only News bulletin. :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

The news headlines are a long overdue addition. They provide an extra few minutes of content and make the show seem current.

6 Likes

Agree. They should cross to an eyewitness news presenter in front of the control room with eyewitness news graphics and link them up like they use to do.

8 Likes

More reasons for me to watch less.

1 Like

A change to seating positions with the mega panel this morning, Ita sitting next to Tarsh and Joe sitting in the centre.

2 Likes

Looks like change for change’s sake but visually I guess the panel looks more symmetrical now.

Although I have always enjoyed the way that they usually sit order of age when everyone is there: Sarah, Joe, Jess, Denise, Ita.

1 Like
3 Likes

With the introduction of a extended news brief, perhaps the new owners could be considering cutting Studio 10 back to 2 and half or 3 hours and producing a news bulletin. If it were me, I would do an 11am style news/public affairs program - one with out advertorials from 11am and start Studio 10 at 8:30am (as it currently is) or start Studio 10 at 8am.

Any thoughts as to whether or not they could be thinking along those lines and using a news brief insert as a trial of such an idea?

1 Like

Looks like the Buddy Goode theme song is gone :frowning: they walked out to music from Prince today

5 Likes

:tada::clap:

10 Likes

At least it gave the show an identity. It fitted the show perfectly IMO. Now its just like any other show on TV with popular music.

1 Like

But aren’t you one of the people wanting to make it more like Sunrise and Today with regular news bulletins?

I’m not wanting it to change drastically. All I’m saying is that as Ten’s only Live morning show, the news headlines would be a good idea and should be done a couple of times each morning. Definitely not wanting to make it like Sunrise & Today with news every 30 minutes.

5 Likes

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/tensions-flare-between-ita-buttrose-and-denise-drysdale-on-studio-10/news-story/8e2d9e26b83b181dcb5fe04b2ffc5bf6

Today is the first time the two presenters have appeared on Studio 10 together this year and a source told news.com.au that Drysdale made it clear to producers she wasn’t happy with the usual seating arrangement which had the two women seated next to one another.

As a result Buttrose was moved from her usual position for today’s show and was instead seated next to Natarsha Belling. The two were seated next to each other for one segment.

A Network Ten spokesperson told news.com.au, “Ita and Denise are consummate professionals and these unsubstantiated allegations are offensive”.

This show is absolutely in pieces at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank God!

That’s a over exaggeration all shows occasionally have unwarranted media attention.

1 Like