Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Good old Rob had the Christmas deccas up for the set when he was there.

1 Like
4 Likes
18 Likes

During the segment on the worst Christmas gifts, you could see the crew moving behind the backdrop through those (still not illuminated) roundels.

Pleasantly surprised to see Ten producing anything on Christmas Day, will be interesting to see how successful it turned out to be.

Watching the show for the first time in a few months. Wow. Still shockingly cheap looking. No way this was Robs vision for his first major relaunch.

3 Likes

Christmas Day

4 Likes

Did the infamous brussel sprout incident make it to air or did it get cut out?

5 Likes

this ep was recorded a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

news.com.au reporting on the editing:

2 Likes

Certainly petty of Ten to cut McKnight from the clip, but more to the point why is the executive producer or any of the crew even part of the clip in the first place??

4 Likes

The video itself is a bit of a letdown really. Completely devoid of creativity or originality and looks bloody expensive when you consider how bargain bin the rest of the show has become this year.

1 Like

He wasn’t just edited out of this years clips, he was edited out of the previous ones too.

I wasn’t in this years clip and never planned to be. I was just surprised that they went to a lot of effort to remove me out of the old ones and edited the show to remove my kids who appeared in a segment. In the scheme of things it’s no big deal, but just shows a level of pettiness that still surprises me even after everything that’s happened.

17 Likes

How is it petty?? He got fired for some reason! You don’t just get fired for nothing?

The court case will decide that. It’ll all come out

3 Likes

This week:

Monday- Christmas Day episode
Tuesday- Pre-recorded show with new content
Wednesday- 1977 Flashback ep
Thursday- 1988 Flashback ep
Friday- 1999 Flashback ep

4 Likes

Should they do a 1966 episode or won’t viewers be interested?

1 Like

With Rob gone, is it fair to say that we probably won’t see much more of those type of things anymore? Not a statement, just wondering - I certainly hope not anyway.

1 Like

Why? What’s wrong with doing a themed show every now and again?

1 Like

You lot really are McKnight fanboys aren’t you? Rest assured the show has a team of seasoned producers that are more than capable of putting this show together without Rob. Making television is always a team effort and more than the ideas of one individual.

In saying that Rob certainly brought a creative edge to the show that others might not have bothered with.

11 Likes