Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Loving the new desk. Did they get the cafeteria tables from Bunnings and the shiny drapes from Spotlight?

1 Like

Denise’s mic was left on and you hear her drop the f-bomb at 11:00mins

3 Likes

I agree. I’m trying to avoid getting stuck in the enormous shitstorm that often comes up when discussing his brand of ~content~ but there’s good reason why he shouldn’t be on Australian mainstream media, yet alone this show.

2 Likes

And what’s that reason?

In October 2017, leaked emails revealed that Yiannopoulos had repeatedly solicited neo-Nazi and white supremacist figures on the alt-right for input in his work for Breitbart.

In February 2017, he resigned from Breitbart after a controversy arising from a video clip in which he said that sexual relationships between 13-year-old boys and adult men and women can be “perfectly consensual” and positive experiences for the boys.

Two examples from many. Do you support either of his positions, @jens? Do you think he makes a worthwhile contribution to public debate or is just an inflammatory troll?

Studio 10 giving him a platform is very dangerous and irresponsible.

3 Likes

agreed it was dangerous and irresponsible. i found the whole thing cringle worthy and distasteful. at one point i was ready to change channels

1 Like

you should see what he put on his own page regarding the argument with jess

What’s wrong with a show having & presenting different opinions & views on things?

1 Like

Even when the opinion is that sexual relationships between 13-year-old boys and adult men and women can be “perfectly consensual” and positive experiences for the boys?

2 Likes

Didn’t hear that mentioned on Studio 10.

But what if he had? Is that the risk Studio 10 should take?

Thanks for making the point clear :heart:

I’ve lost the motivation as whenever I try it just turns to shit so quickly.

1 Like

Exactly.

People don’t know the full story about him from Studio 10. The reason why he’s appearing on all these Australian shows is because he has been shunned from the American media and is craving attention from somewhere, and Australian shows are sufficiently lazy and careless enough to give it to him.

I’d be fine with Studio 10 interviewing him, if they’d preface the interview with an outline of some of the shit he’s said. The guy supports paedophilia and Neo-nazis for fuck’s sake.

3 Likes

Do you honestly think that it’s acceptable to debate whether paedophilia is okay on morning TV? Because that’s the “different opinions and views” you’re inviting in.

Gosh fucking dammit it makes me mad that people even think twice about this shit.

2 Likes

Can @blackbox explain why he appeared on the show?

2 Likes

Peter Berner filling in for Joe on the panel, Joe is in Melbourne with soccer superstar Tim Cahill

1 Like

13 Likes

Georgia Love filling in for Sarah who is unwell this morning.
Georgia was scheduled to be 5th panellist today so Todd McKenney is 5th panellist this morning, his second appearance this week.

2 Likes

It was a bit weird when Joe was pretending he didn’t know whether Tim Cahill would turn up for their interview when he had posted this photo of the two of them on social media already.

They must be paying him well. That Dancing with the Dogs segment earlier this week was the stuff of nightmares.

4 Likes