Studio 10 (2015-2020)

Anjali Rao filling in for Sarah on Thursday & Friday this week.

Thursday -
Jo Casamento filling in for Jess
Olivia Phyland also on the panel.
Richard Reid presenting the Showbiz File.

6 Likes

Everyone’s away except Joe!

2 Likes

Oddly enough even with most of the team away it still works. The format of the show lends itself really well to a hot seat type rotation of guest hosts and fill-in presenters.

7 Likes

They should have put Carlotta on to replace Ita/Denise at 8:30am and have Olivia come out at 9:30am rather than the other way round.

Too many unfamiliar faces for the average viewer this morning. Why not use Robbo or even Jono on the panel?

1 Like

Joe actually said he thought this is the first time this has happened.
I am really enjoying Olivia’s input it’s great to hear a younger voice on the panel.

Carlotta is today’s 5th panellist! :tada:

Edit- Carlota joked she thought she was on a new set with everyone away.

Ten really getting their moneys worth of Liv lately, first appearing on the couch for Bachelor Unpacked, then presenting national weather on Ten News and now filling in on Studio 10. Good to see some natural talent being nurtured through different opportunities at the network.

4 Likes

Only Liv is really unfamilliar…Jo is on most weeks covering for Jess at least once and Anjali hosted 2 days a week earlier in the year. I think its fine. I get why it would be an issue but in this case I don’t think it is.

1 Like

4 Likes

That was at the start of 2016, so it hasn’t been for a while.

I love Anjali but don’t think she works that well in a bus driver role, especially with Jess and Jo/Denise away.

Carlotta should have been on the end instead of Olivia at 8:30am.

According to the Inner Circle, tomorrow’s panel is Anjali, Joe, Jess and Scott Tweedie, with Kris Smith as 5th.

2 Likes

Carlotta definitely should have been in Denise’s chair, especially given that she was in NSW. It makes sense IMO. If Angela Bishop wasn’t away, could have filled-in. Perhaps all these faces because Rob’s away, right?

Lovely to have Anjali back, and I daresay her and Tarsh will do Sarah’s maternity relief again this summer/next year. MUCH better than Georgia Love.

4 Likes

Good point. A Good way to reintroduce her if that is the case. A Response on the studio 10 facebook page puts it down well IMO:

It just so happened many of our regular hosts could not be on the show today for various reasons. We’re so lucky and grateful to have a team of people willing to step in if and when our regulars cannot, as well as viewers who are loyal and understanding.

7 Likes

6 Likes

It was nice to watch Anjali back on the show this week.

7 Likes

Some snaps I took on my first visit to Studio10 as an audience member. I thought some camera/boom photos might be of interest to the geeky or tech-minded among us.

12 Likes

I’ve been in the audience a few times when I’ve been down in Sydney. It’s a good morning out.

7 Likes

The Australian’s Media Diary reports that executive producer Rob McKnight is currently on leave after having the flu … but Media Diary claims that relations between the producers have become seriously strained and that HR was called in to sort it out after a complaint was made. Ten has denied there was any issue.

2 Likes

Mentioned a week ago by JohnsonTV here - Studio 10 (2015-2020) - #2033 by JohnsonTV

This from the Tele:

A Ten spokeswoman said: “Rob McKnight has not been suspended and to suggest he has is extremely misleading. Since Studio 10 was extended by an hour on 24 July, Rob and the entire production team have worked even harder than they normally do.

“Over the past fortnight Rob has also been suffering from a severe flu virus. He needs a break and is taking four weeks off to rest and recharge. Studio 10 is performing extremely well this year. Its 9.30am to 11am audience is up 9% year on year and TEN’s audience in the 11am to midday timeslot has jumped an incredible 39% since Studio 10 extended. The show’s success this year is a real credit to Rob’s dedication and commitment.”

3 Likes

4 Likes