Studio 10 (2015-2020)

ever since you left.

1 Like

@Lexington Any word on Jess’ replacement?

not yet

1 Like

That’s the attitude that got Ten to where they are today. Number four! It has become an achievement for Ten to stay ahead of SBS these days.

2 Likes

Are you sure? I seem to recall a lot more 100k peak episodes in 2016 than in 2017. Maybe the averages over a period of time may have been similar though.

And although Studio 10 may outrate what it replaced in the 11am hour the damage to the overall format is not worth any minute to minute gains.

1 Like

no. that ‘attitude’ has been around since at least the 2000’s if not earlier.

I’m not saying I agree with it, I’m saying that it’s not the deal you’re making it.

As someone who looked at Studio 10’s ratings every day for 4.5 years, yes I’m sure.

2017 saw a significant rise on 2016 figures (I’d be very interested to see any data you have that contradicts this). Studio 10 experienced year-on-year growth ever since launch… until 2018 (where not only is it significantly down year-on-year but lower than 2016).

Even when the show moved out into the newsroom, ratings were still higher than 2016.

The slump they are in now is nothing to do with the extra hour or the newsroom - it is to do with content.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Bunny Denise :joy:

Angela Bishop hosting again this morning, Tarsh is sick but Ange said she might pop in later in the show to say goodbye to Jess.

Joining Ange on the panel are Denise and Joe for Jess’s final episode.
Jess was very emotional walking out its going to be a very emotional episode to watch today.

6 Likes

Nothing against Ang, but Its a pity Sarah who is coming in to say farewell couldnt host today. Would have been fitting IMO. And yes, I know she is on Maternity Leave.

2 Likes

Went to first commercial break with farewell message for Jess from Sandra Sully,messages continuing throughout the show.

Ange mentioned Denise and Jess podcast went to number 1 on the Apple podcast chart! :joy:

Going to miss Jess and Joe disagreeing :joy:

Next Week -
Monday - Denise’s interview with Molly Meldrum

3 Likes

(More farewell message to come)

11 Likes

More to come

10 Likes

7 Likes

Didnt Today bring in a panda on Georgie’s final show? They could have got a giant cat.

1 Like

Beautiful dignified farewell for Jess during the last hour of the show today.
Lovely of Tarsh to pop in during a sickie (she had a eye problem) she wore a cat mask.
So many lovely messages and farewell packages were fantastic.
She will be missed.

5 Likes

Joe very quiet throughout the whole farewell.

Don’t think so. He contributed just as much as the others did. He was with her throughout the whole show.

The others who came on at the end were given a chance to say more because they hadn’t been there for the whole show.

I agree - although with Tarsh away…would of been awesome to have one more ‘mega panel’ with Sarah, Joe, Jess, Ita and Denise

3 Likes

In the package where they spoke about Jess, he was the only one not to speak.