State/Territory Politics

As have I.

3 Likes

Not really. Theyā€™ve led a decent stable government that focus on the people.

This did make me chuckle

1 Like

Same here. Have previously supported a Liberal state government and (shudder) Abbott back in the day until I realised how backwards and out of touch they were.

2 Likes

Howā€™s Ian Cook going?

You say you are for everyone has right to vote whatever they want but you only want it go the libs way. Sorry my point still stands. You said in a previous post that you were waiting for until all the votes are counted, correct? But like Guy, but you are making it sound like they still have a chance and that the counting off the votes that are still not counted will pull towards a coalition victory. Bit of a fantasy, really. Itā€™s hard to take you seriously when you make post like that, and you donā€™t expect me to call you out on it? pleaseā€¦ :slight_smile: I will call anyone out on their stuff. Like everyone does with me when I post dribble.

3 Likes

You sook about others making assumptions, yet here we are, youā€™re making assumptions.

Iā€™ve been voting since the 1990s, former Liberal PM a distant relative, family friends with old type Victorian Liberals, dabbled in stupol with Liberals, letterboxed for Greg Hunt amongst others, hardly rusted on Labor supporter.

2018 (followed by 2019 and 2022 federal was the first time I ever voted Labor as my first preference. Have a think about why that may be.

3 Likes

As Dan himself would say, itā€™s time to ā€œget on the beersā€!!!

All I said was that I was hoping Labor would be voted out because of their misdoings in the last four years. The majority of people will have an opinion going into an election of who they want to win - nothing odd here.

Not true. For my post about Danā€™s seat of Mulgrave, only 7.5% of the vote had been counted at that time so it was too early to say which way it would go. But now that 60% of the vote has been counted, itā€™s clear as day Dan will retain the seat.

And as for my post about postal votes, I simply said it would be interesting to see what effect they would have on whether Labor can form majority or will be minority government. I never said the Coalition will claw back and win.

And like you, Iā€™ve gone both ways too. Currently Iā€™m team Liberal because IMO Labor have had made too many mistakes and stuff ups in the last four years. Iā€™ve previously been a strong supporter of Andrews and Labor, however that all changed a few years ago with his handling of covid of course.

My observation last night was just that the tone on here was very pro-Labor. If BJT2 wanted to point out that my posts favour the Liberals, which is correct, then Iā€™ll happily point out that everyone else on here is currently favouring Labor. Nothing wrong with anyoneā€™s beliefs.

No theyā€™re not FootyKick. Your blinkers are so far to the right, that you perceive everyone here as being lefties.

1 = far right
10 = far left

Youā€™re a strong 2 on this chart. Nothing wrong with it, but you need to own it.

So what do you say to all the posts on here last night absolutely slamming the Liberals?

What are the chances of the ALP winning a fourth term in 2026? Whether if thatā€™s under Andrews or not.

I think itā€™s clear that most of the posts last night (Media Spy) reflect the poor performance from the Victorian Liberal party.

Sure, but there were also posts from users talking about their support of Labor and why they donā€™t like the Liberals.

Again, this seems to be a general reflection on the current liberal party and their bad performance yesterday. But if you continue to watch and read the NewsCorp media, youā€™re going to lose perspective of what the wider population is thinking.

1 Like

And so it begins.

https://twitter.com/rwillingham/status/1596654613679067140

2 Likes

Youā€™d have to think it is theirs to lose already. They have solid, reliable wins in enough seats the make majority before 8:30 on election night. And greens providing a buffer from falling into opposition.

2026 there will be major infrastructure projects opening and the commonwealth games in the ladyā€™s to the election. Both with labors stamp on them, so they are positioned well.

Again.