State/Territory Politics

It could be a once in a lifetime situation where a far left candidate is heading towards a comfortable win. Usually the further on the spectrum, the more difficult to get a majority.

I hope the opportunity is used wisely and we pocket some progressive social policy wins; legalise surrogacy, adoption reform, decriminalise drugs, legalise weed, opt-out organ donation. Etc.

LNP in Vic are approaching end of life. I would expect them to exit this election with seats in the high teens, Labor low 60s with Greens/Indi’s to grow as seen in other elections.

I don’t think Guy will cede as many seats vs what O’Brien would have though, which probably would have been single figures in seats left.

4 Likes

I already thought this idea made more sense. Smarter than wasting millions of tax payer dollars for an additional flag pole.

1 Like

John Barilaro’s bombsell message to former chief of staff
The former chief of staff to John Barilaro has provided explosive evidence to parliament, claiming his boss told him one extraordinary thing in 2019. Mark Connell said Mr Barilaro claimed he wanted a job in New York after he gets “the f*** out of” parliament.

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/extraordinary-claims-about-the-former-deputy-premier-are-made-in-bombshell-letter/news-story/bd9f12cf4a798aceabf3c39f67249081

UPDATE:

Given the amount of negative stories coming out about the internal doings in the Andrews Government/Victorian Labor Party, it’s amazing Dan is still so popular and survives each scandal. In any other workplace, he’d have no choice but to resign (but obviously he’ll never do that because of his huge ego).

1 Like

lol. Dan isn’t going anywhere. Anytime soon.

Thank goodness.

2 Likes

There are some really quality labor representatives waiting in the wings though. So even if he did go his values would live on.

4 Likes

The opposition doesn’t have any high ground to stand on, they have branch stacking problems of their own, and they are lead by the man at the centre of the lobster with a mobster scandal. If both parties dont talk about integrity, it gets swept under the rug.

All the more reason a one-party state is going to be a hazard. The liberals better do a complete tear down and rebuild after the election.

2 Likes

If Dan apparently has a huge ego, what did that make ScoMo then?

2 Likes

Probably just another politician with a huge ego. I’m not sure I could name many politicians with an ego problem.

Lol, the IBAC report had no negative findings on Andrews. It was all about Adem Somuyrek, who I note the Herald Sun has been trying to rehabilitate because he’s a vehicle to damage Andrews and the government.

Andrews is popular because he represents and delivers mainstream Victorian values. In addition, most Victorians are smart enough to see through the right wing media and Oppositon’s nonsense on pinning every covid problem on him.

6 Likes

I’m sure if it happened to Matthew Guy and the Liberals it would be the same. They’re hardly in a position to claim any higher moral grounds.

They have no opposition.

2 Likes