State/Territory Politics

It’s time Newscorp and the likes of Peta Credlin take a good hard look at themselves - they have become irrelevant. Are they too dumb to realise they are actually hurting the Libs and helping Labor by spinning all their BS? What they are actually doing is preventing the Libs from accurately reading the room (electorate) on issues and thus preventing the Libs from being electable. Keep up the good work Peta!

2 Likes

We should all note down to never listen to anything Red Bridge Research says. That is what the media used to underpin their grossly innacurate narratives.

Even the Murdoch media brushed aside Newspoll to talk up the chances the Libs and Ian Cook had according to Red Bridge.

Newspoll, to their credit, was spot on with 2PP. It was the medias interpretation that was wrong.

Mind you, it happened after Kennett was defeated in 1999 before the two parties reconciled in the late 2000s.

Did enjoy Nick McGowan on 774 last night suggest the Libs might have to pull a Campbell Newman as it’s “not clear” their next leader is actually in parliament. Third time lucky for Pesutto?

And the Kennett government was the first time Liberals and Nationals had been in coalition in Victoria (previous coalitions had existed between conservative parties prior to the Liberals). The Bolte and Hamer governments had majorities for 27 years, even Kennett could’ve governed in his own right but honoured the agreement he had.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see the Nata walk away especially after they’ve been reasonably successful this time runs for the Libs to sort themselves out.

1 Like

If they want to go further right it pushes them to the extremists. They’ll become those unhinged Republican like people who are anti-democratic and deal in fringe conspiracy theories. They also have to dispense with the religious stuff. Australian society is secular and becoming even more so according to the latest census data. There are no votes in even the mildest of religious affiliation.

1 Like

I don’t think there is mass hatred for Dan Andrews outside of Victoria. Most people think he’s done a good job for his state. Only the people who listen to right wing radio or watch Sky and Seven would think he was some sort of extremist dictator. The echo chamber reigns supreme. Our media is fast becoming like the US and it’s all for the worse.

6 Likes

I agree, I don’t think it’s hatred. It’s confusion.

Haha I think people outside of Victoria are well aware of what a divisive and despised figure Andrews is. The multiple issues of corruption, his mishandling of lockdowns and bungling hotel quarantine which caused 800 deaths and ofcourse the record debt. Victorians are evidently dumb enough to re-elect him. That’s on them.

1 Like

like hell we are . how disrespectful can u get

This is not correct. Most see him the way the electors saw him and think he is clearly better than the alternative.

5 Likes

And this is where my confusion comes from.

Dan Andrews was responsible for the poor organisation of Hotel Quarantine, using security guards and not police which lead to consistent leaks. Then there was the lockdowns. Locking down postcodes, switching strategies every ten seconds. These things didn’t happen anywhere else. Therefore, as leader of the state, Dan was responsible. I just can’t see why people would want him back in. As said above, these decisions lead to the death of hundreds of people at a time where our only protection was our leaders in government.

as you said you dont live in victoria.and are an outsider

Ok then. I’ll ask you then. Why did you vote him back in after all of those poor and live destroying decisions were made by him?

because despite all his flaws . Hes a lot better then matthew guy. And after living in a liberal victora. I never want to go back there again. And i think others here in vic remember what it was like and always will remember .

1 Like

Right so it’s not about liking Dan persay it’s about NOT liking Matthew Guy, I can understand that. Well, sort of. Dan is still responsible for poor leadership and organisation of hotel quarantine which lead to over 800 deaths. I just can’t get past that bit as to why you’d want him back.

Well its about not liking liberals Full stop

Just for the record i have meet matthew guy in person . I woudnt trust him as far as i could kick him lol

1 Like

?? Except NSW

3 Likes

That’s not true. NSW didn’t go cheap and have security guards going into what was supposed to be isolated rooms and having sex with people who were meant to be alone. The virus leaked out because of that and killed over 800 people. That didn’t happen anywhere else under anyone else’s leadership- but Dan Andrews. He’s the premier. He’s responsible for that just like every other premier was responsible for their states covid response.

Sure I didn’t agree with some of his COVID decisions either but that solely shouldn’t determine whether or not you voted for the ALP.

The Andrews Labor Government have done a lot of good for the LGBTQI+ community which I am apart of, introducing the voluntary assisted dying laws, planning for the future. Etc

We’ve been the most progressive state in the country under Andrews.
If Victoria was under a Coalition Government, we would’ve gone backwards.

2 Likes