State/Territory Election Coverage

Antony Green has declared the election won by Labor (just 16.8% counted). Definite 30 seats, probable 33.

1 Like

Not sure, I had nothing to do with it.

Ah ok odd, I only asked because my post was attached in your post. No hard feelings :slight_smile:

Looks like they’re going to get more now. Landslide?

Thicc sexy Superman presenter on ABC saying it’s quite a bit worse for the Libs than expected. Not as shocking as QLD 2015 (that was a jaw dropping result), but pretty interesting.

ABC has been pretty good tonight. Usually I get a little bored and flick to Sky for a few minutes, but today’s been alright. There was a plug to Insiders just then.

A few caps from SKY

In Perth

During commercial

3 Likes

Those ABC caps…

Flat Printed graphic wall panels should be BANNED from any set in Australia.

Shocking.

Solid surfaces with lighting,
LED panels or video walls are all 100x better - but printed wall panels - NO!

1 Like

Seat graphics

Also, coverage appears to be SD, on ABC HD! :nauseated_face:

ABC closer

1 Like

compare these graphics

2 Likes

Nine’s coverage was ten times better than Sevens. Mark Riley is always a turn-off (and Nine and ABC had locals presenting), plus Seven’s weird mix of McTiernan and Cormann as panelists was off-putting. However Kim B on Nine was thick on the cliches and political spin though. And not a fan of Josh Jerga, their WA political reporter, either.

Nine was better than the ABC; James McHale’s presenting was very stilted and quite awkward at times. His questions to the panelists were erratic but at other times repetitive.

1 Like

ABC Opener

Seven

Nine

3 Likes

ABC had a narrow main channel win in the election coverage in Perth with Seven second and Nine third. The preliminary results can be found on Twitter.

1 Like

Which twitter?

Just look at #Perth

1 Like

How does that compare with state election coverage in other states?

Also important: how big was the gap between Nine and Seven.

The first results to pop up in a search are from the 2015 NSW State election where ABC’s coverage equalled the combined Nine plus Seven numbers with Nine’s result about 75% higher than Seven.

2 Likes

Sorry I forgot to post anything with the final WA election ratings numbers earlier. I have added them to a ratings article so they can be posted here.

This is the info available. No info on the two entries for ABC.

SEVEN
NEWS - SAT 173,000
2017 WA STATE ELECTION 74,000

NINE
NEWS SATURDAY 81,000
ELECTION 2017 - WA DECIDES 59,000

ABC1
WA VOTES: ELECTION RESULTS LIVE-EV 75,000
WA VOTES: ELECTION NIGHT LIVE-EV 71,000

ABC24
WA VOTES: ELECTION RESULTS LIVE-EV 46,000
WA VOTES: ELECTION NIGHT LIVE-EV 39,000