Stan

Yellowstone - Season 4

Monday 8 November

The 6-part drama debuted on ITV in UK on October 10.

The Great - Season 2

Saturday 20 November

1 Like

The Japanese title is No Activity - æœŹæ—„ă‚‚ç•°çŠ¶ăȘし. It will premiere on Amazon Japan on December 17.

1 Like

Christmas on the Farm

Stan is back with a brand new Original Christmas Film! Starring Poppy Montgomery, Darren McMullen, Nicholas Brown with Hugh Sheridan, the joyful Stan Original Film Christmas on the Farm premieres December 1.

Produced by Tracey Robertson, Nathan Mayfield, and Tracey Vieira from award-winning production company Hoodlum (Five Bedrooms, Harrow, Australia Day), and executive produced by Poppy Montgomery, Ruthanne Secunda and Jennifer Notas Shapiro, with investment support from Screen Queensland, Christmas on the Farm is a joyful romantic comedy that follows the annual holiday tradition on Stan after the hit success of 2020’s A Sunburnt Christmas.

Clementine Jones (Poppy Montgomery) is an Australian author whose book about getting back to nature on a blissful Queensland farm is snapped up by New York powerhouse publishers London & London. But the truth is, “Clementine” is actually her daughter Emmy Jones, a New Yorker basing the book on her late mother’s journals. When the publishers announce they want to experience an authentic Australian ‘Clementine’ Christmas before signing the deal, Emmy must race back to the old family farm, roping in her cousin David (Hugh Sheridan) and his husband Miles (Nicholas Brown) to help maintain the ruse. One problem: London & London CEO Ellison London (Jeanette Cronin) shows up with her handsome adult son Jack (Darren McMullen) in tow - and if he remembers the night he met Emmy in New York, the game will be up!

At the media call after Nine Entertainment’s AGM this morning, company chairman Peter Costello was asked about the profitability of Stan. He responded said that the streaming service should be treated like a pure technology business when assessing results.

He also said (according to Mediaweek)

You shouldn’t be surprised that you keep reinvesting and reinvesting and reinvesting because with a growth business, you’re trying to build share. You’re not trying to take short term property, you’re trying to build a share.

The unusual thing is that we’re actually in a profit instead. And so, you sit down and you say, well, this is a great business. It’s growing well, we’re going to go into more investment consequence. Your profit will fall in the short term, but your revenues will build in the long term.

https://twitter.com/StanAustralia/status/1458872156289323026

I understand first run episodes of Family Guy will be on tv first but 

Season 1- 16 of Family Guy on Stan

Season 18-19 on Disney+

Where is Season 17? it has been missing for months off any service

1 Like

All of Family Guy expires tomorrow , Stan told me .

I assume it will reappear on Star on Disney+ next month given they only have Season 18 and 19?

I hope so, Really want D+ to have S1-S3 of FG.

also buffy the vampire slayer also expires tomorrow as well

Noticed yesterday Nitram suddenly appeared I didn’t think it was available until Friday.

1 Like

Wonder if Stan is going to lose NBC Universal content in the next year or two.

Starz content too maybe given there is a channel now in Australia.

What will be left just some ViacomCBS and BBC /Sky UKcontent?

I can’t see Peacock launching here, they’d probably do a deal with someone like Stan if anything.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what Seven do in the future. But its an extremely crowded market.

The Peacock content is bundled with DreamWorks Animation & Sky Studios into one agreement for Stan, I believe this agreement also gives Peacock a first option on any Stan Original Content in the US & Sky Studios in the UK.

Foxtel have a separate agreement with NBC Universal.

2 Likes