Stan

A lot of free trials were given to Vodafone users. I know I signed up. I am planning to cancel my subscription though.

Stan is recording a bunch of stand up specials with Wil Anderson, Judith Lucy, Tom Ballard and other Token artists in January.

1 Like

What is your source ?

Also Stan has rights to what is a Netflix Original in some markets, Season 1 of Spotless

Token email I received today, I have tix to the Wil Anderson one.

Presto has Always Greener, that’s about it. BH and AS are owned by external production companies.

1 Like

Every episode is available on Plus 7.

Presto has or had All Saints

Found the link regarding 6 comedy specials coming next year. So would this be a cheap way to get original content ?

http://comedy.com.au/news/six-australias-best-comedians-take-stage-stan

Sherlock season 4 will premiere on Stan on January 2.

perhaps, and also it’s doing well for netflix

1 Like

Thanks to a deal with Sony Pictures Television, from 11 November all 180 episodes from all nine seasons of Seinfeld will be available for your binge-watching pleasure on Stan. They’ve been given a makeover, too - with remastering in widescreen and HD.

But that’s not all - the deal means Stan has also scored the exclusive rights for Preacher, Underground, and season four of Masters of Sex

December Preacher
January Underground.

Stan getting the rights to season 4 of Masters of Sex is a big blow to SBS because fans who do not subscribe to Stan will miss out.

Maybe that is what they wanted?

Aren’t the rights to Seinfeld really expensive ?

The ads with Jackie O & Dave Hughes, seriously?

I don’t think they could they have picked two more annoying personalities.

1 Like

Kyle and Kate? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The revival of Twin Peaks will premiere on Stan on May 22 (May 21 in the US on Showtime) with 18 episodes.

Stan has renewed Wolf Creek for a second season which will be available late this year.
It will follow Netflix to roll out downloadable content from March, so people with a Stan app can watch shows offline. From April, Stan will also release a number of titles in 4K definition for selected models of Samsung and LG TVs, as well as PS4 Pro.

1 Like

Fairfax Media revealed at its half year results this morning that Stan has more than 700,000 subscribers and is now expected to break even during the next financial year.

1 Like