Stan

They are launching a comedy special every week from this week .

Would they have the rights to Young Sheldon I wonder? Or Nine or Ten? Or Foxtel?

Perhaps Seven or the ABC? Maybe SBS?

3 Likes

I’d be betting on C31’s output deal with Warner Bros.

3 Likes

Can’t imagine it on the ABC lol.

Stan and Qantas have signed a deal for domestic passengers on Wi-Fi enabled flights to received free three-month subscriptions as part of their airfare when the service is launched later this year, according to Australian Financial Review. The airline already has partnerships with Spotify, Netflix and Foxtel.

Offline downloads they offer now too.

Stan is now offering a new 4K Premium plan for $15 per month, giving subscribers access to its library of 4K titles. Under the plan you can stream across four screens at any one time for online and download content to watch offline on up to five mobile devices. Stan is offering existing customers a chance to try Premium for a month at no extra cost (you’ll continue to pay your $10 for the Standard Plan that month) and new users can also try it for free for their first 30 days. The Premium plan will be available for 2015-2017 models of Samsung and LG TVs as well as PS4 Pro, with more devices set to take it onboard this year.

if you go to your account page there is an offer where it is $10 for the first month .

There are a whopping 9 titles in 4k lol

AFR reports Stan has been testing price increases.

Article is subscriber only - here is a summary from Mediaweek of the content

Local streaming service Stan is testing price increases as it looks to ramp up its investment in original content and secure Hollywood dramas, reports The AFR’s Max Mason.
Stan temporarily increased prices on Thursday night when it created a basic tier at $10 a month, a standard plan between $12 and $13 and the premium plan at $15.
The temporary price increase was tested between 5pm and 11pm on Thursday night.
Stan expects to be cash break-even in the second half of the 2018 financial year and Credit Suisse is forecasting $20 million in earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation in the 2019 financial year and $41 million in the 2020 financial year.

I wonder what they take away from these tests? Do they compare the number of new signups during that period to the number who would usually sign up in that six hour period on a Thursday night?

It possibly works on the percentage of click throughs. People who look at price packages page and then click on sign up and how does it compare to their average.

So does that mean people who signed up at that time and date are now paying slightly more?

obviously…

1 Like

Sounds like they were given the choice between the normal priced standard plan and a more expensive premium plan, so it was up to them.

1 Like

Mine is still saying $10 though. Perhaps for new signups?

Yes Im petty sure its for new signups, but what a joke, $2 extra now for HD, pshhh.

Yeah but even at $12 it’s $2 cheaper than Netflix.

I was slightly wrong on this one. According to BBC Worldwide’s annual review for 2016/17 released today, the company’s major Australian deals included:

a joint life-of-series deal for Sherlock on Stan and Nine.

So does it mean Nine has the second broadcast window for future seasons and specials after Stan?

At a parliamentary inquiry into the sustainability of the film and television industries where the networks were asking for the abolition of children’s program quotos, Hugh Marks said that the Nine program Most Extreme Alien Planet Earth had very low ratings and one episode had a total of 9 people watching streams on Stan.

Magnificent 80s promo for Stan. But why an 80s theme?

1 Like