Stan

Better Call Saul has been renewed for the third season.

For A third season perhaps?

1 Like

From TV Tonight: “Perth-based SVOD and DVD rental company Quickflix has gone into voluntary administration, after negotiations with Stan failed to reach an agreement.”

http://tvtonight.com.au/2016/04/quickflix-enters-voluntary-administration.html

Discussion continues in the Quickflix thread.

This is good news for original Australian productions.

2 Likes

That info was based on an article I read in The Australian. Not sure why Stan have not sent anything to any other outlets. I had wondered how the show went, as social media seemed to be pretty quite on the launch day.

started watching this last night - it’s chilling. Great production. Excellent cast. But chilling.

Update to Stans Telstra TV app

• Closed Caption support
• Change your video settings in the player
• Auto-Play at the end of an episode
• "More Like This” related content
• Activate codes: a quick and easy way for users to activate their account on a TV
• A number of bug fixes

Also profiles are now supported and autoplay can be turned off. Also an option if autoplay enabled “Ask if I’m still here after 4 eps”. Fast forward and rewind work properly now.

The broadcast of the first episode of Season 3 of The Last Ship has been postponed in the US because it featured a shooting in a nightclub. This was to be fast-tracked today on Stan so will probably be delayed here.

Titles coming to Stan in July was sent in an email to me. I split it into two parts . Click on them to see more details as the screenshots do not show all titles.

Imgur

Stan & Nine have picked up a sci-fi indie, Restoration, starring Craig McLachlan, Nadia Townsend and Grant Cartwright.

The one hour drama, funded by a Kickstarter campaign, tells the story of a man who awakes after a routine backup, with his memories restored into a body that is not his own. It was written by director Stuart Willis and Matthew Clayfield.

1 Like

Fox UK has bought the British rights to Wolf Creek mini-series. The producers are also looking to sell the series to Germany where the original movie was popular.

Stan and BBC Worldwide have signed a new licensing agreement meaning Sherlock season four, and any future seasons and specials of the show, will premiere exclusively in Australia on the streaming service, at the same time as the worldwide premiere. So that rules out any FTA broadcast on Nine (even though its holding company owns half of Stan).

Stan today announced that all North and Latin American rights for Stan Original Series Wolf Creek have been licensed to Lionsgate.

Amazon has announced season 3 of Transparent will premiere in the US on September 23 (September 24 in Australia).

Rose Byrne, Damon Herriman, Anthony Hayes and Kim Gyngell will join the cast of the second season of No Activity, which will be released on October 26.

Streaming service Stan has announced that it has four new original series in development, following on from success with its other local productions, No Activity and Wolf Creek

Fairfax reports that Stan has secured Australian rights to the Twin Peaks mini-series, which will launch next year.

Stan claims 600,000 active subscriber mark

Streaming service Stan has given a rare insight into its actual paying subscriber numbers …

Stan will get the first run locally of Purity, a Showtime drama starring James Bond actor Daniel Craig and based on Jonathan Franzen’s novel, which starts production next year.