Stan Sport

As I’ve mentioned in the International Sports Broadcasting thread before, the CBS team are brilliant. Knowledgeable, high profile analysts who know their stuff, and with a chemistry that rivals TNT’s Inside The NBA team. In that way, it’s a shame that we miss out on seeing that (Mind you, do wonder if P+ here would’ve done their own studio shows or just taken a world feed).

It’s good that it’s staying with Stan in a way, because it seems to be the most stable and stress-free platform to use in Australia for streaming live sport currently - P+ has been horrible (though it seems to have improved recently), Kayo has been very glitchy, and for myself at least; Optus Sport’s picture quality is unwatchable when no other app has issues like that (and still no 1080p option).

3 Likes

P+ would’ve taken their parent company and CBS sports feed.

They take a world feed for the FA Cup coverage with no commercials.

1 Like

WITH EVERY MATCH OF THE TOURNAMENT STREAMING LIVE AND AD-FREE ON STAN SPORT

5 Likes

Stan Sport is the best streaming provider. No ad breaks at all during play

3 Likes

Don’t all paid streamers do that (bar ESPN)? Actually no one shows ads during play.

1 Like

Roland Garros on Stan Sport. All courts on and ad-free

5 Likes

Details for the second last round of TCR Australia Series at Sydney Motorsport Park, to be held on November 3 and 4, were revealed today.

Coverage of both night races on Friday and Saturday will be live and ad-free on Stan Sport with the sole day race on Saturday carried on 9Gem as part of three hours of free-to-air coverage.

2 Likes

2023 US Open tennis coverage on Stan Sport

Battle on the Reef PPV - October 7 in Townsville
https://www.fightmag.com.au/2023/08/25/battle-on-the-reef-boxing-extravaganza-set-for-oct-7-in-townsville-qld/

Tickets are now on sale from Ticketek.

2 Likes

Stan Sport’s live and exclusive coverage of 2023 Laver Cup from Vancouver, Canada, starts this Saturday (September 23) at 6am AEST, with the first three singles matches and the first doubles match. Nick Kyrgios was initially picked in the Team World squad for the three-day tournament, but withdrew due to injury, meaning there are no Aussies in the squad.

3 Likes
3 Likes

That’s disappointing, always liked the coverage on Stan Sport but can understand why with much of the motorsport coverage in Aus on Fox Sports.

It’s not surprising, to be honest. Yes, the coverage was great but why they did a deal like this is beyond me. It was never a good idea.

2 Likes

That’s on TCR, not Stan Sport though. Unbeknownst to everyone, they signed the deal with Stan Sport. Yes in that time they got Indy Car and a few other series but still not enough to draw the eyes.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was TCR i think it was done by Motorsport Aus. TCR is only part of it. But either way yeah your right.

1 Like

Waiting for the comments to say, this will be a good pick up for Ten… :joy:

3 Likes

I’m surprised they managed to pick up a few different Motorsport categories, nothing major of course, but still IndyCar as you mentioned as well as Formula E and WRC + the Speed Series.

Not a good look for the Speed Series though IMO, chopping and changing broadcasters every few years for a category which is trying to gain momentum.

Best outcome really is that they align with Fox/Kayo and then maybe Supercars and F1 fans may casually tune in.

2 Likes

The issue is, the “casual” fan isn’t the one with Fox/Kayo, they are already the diehard Motorsport fan. Moving it to that platform is just doing the same thing as leaving it on Stan.

To capture the casual new viewer it needs to be solely on FTA, but that horse has bolted, unless Nine/ten (all jokes aside)/seven go for all rights.

Even if they started with just live coverage of the TCR races and try and build support.

The Supercars at the moment hold the crowds, placing it on Fox/Kayo, will mean it sits in the shadows of all the other Motorsport, it’s one reason why TCR etc went with another network, to try and build, but when it’s solely behind a paywall, it won’t be build anything besides grumbles from the teams.

1 Like

Brisbane international on Stan

3 Likes

Been considering adding-on Stan Sport package (currently have a Stan sub anyway) with the Oz Open commencing tomorrow, anyone reckon it’s worth it? Would definitely consider for Paris 2024 as well.

Saw this comment today on TVT in Knoxy’s AO post:

I am a tennis/sport fan and do love major events like the Olympics, Winter Olympics, Comm Games and Grand Slam Tennis for their festival-esque atmosphere, dipping in/out of events/matches and having multiple screens on the go and playing around.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you split screen?