Stan Sport

Interesting - Fox Cricket + has a live Super Smash game at 4pm AEDT (6pm NZDT), but that day’s SS game is at 2pm AEDT…

https://www.foxtel.com.au/tv-guide/channel/FOX-SPORTS-503/FS3/2023/01/20/1714

(edit: I cocked up the timing, 4 rather then 6pm AEDT)

1 Like

Weird - I wondered if it was a change in schedule but has always been down for 2pm AEDT.

New Zealand Cricket don’t officially “sanction” the Black Clash.

1 Like

Wouldnt put it past Fox to have incorrect guide info

1 Like
4 Likes

Move to Stan

It doesn’t even get a serious commentary team to do it, so it’s certainly strange that their broadcast partner carries it.

Not really. It’s not meant to be serious. It’s a fun night out and fun game to watch. But NZC doesn’t play a role in it or release players to play.

1 Like

Looks like Stan Sport is increasing its monthly add on cost to $15 per month from 1 April:

3 Likes

$15 is pretty cheap still against Kayo who is at $30?? now??

That’s on top of the $10, $16, or $21 for the base subscription, depending on which tier you have.

9 Likes

It was already $15 when I resubscribed last month.

1 Like

Meh, when you give me ad free coverage of every court of the slams, I’ll pay the $15. Worth it for me.

4 Likes

50% price increase with zero additional content isnt a good look. They didnt even bother being sneaky and put it up $2 now, due to “increased operating costs” and the rest in six months.

Maybe they knew people like me arent going to cancel just as the rugby season is starting

2 Likes

It’s good value as I have Rugby and Grand Slam Tennis on one platform

1 Like

Isn’t the grand slam coverage already like this?

1 Like

Yeah, thats why i’m happy paying the 15

Terrible value as I only want it for European Soccer, Champions League and Europa League.

1 Like

I was finding it hard to justify with the level of content on Stan Sports that was of interest to me - this will probably see me ditch it.

2 Likes

Stan’s four sporting cornerstones are Rugby, Tennis, Motorsport and Football, all with passionate but slightly niche audiences.

Feel like Stan is missing a trick by not offering Sports on their own e.g.
$5-6 p/m for Rugby
$5-6 p/m for Tennis
$5-6 p/m for Motorsport
$5-6 p/m for Football
or $15 p/m for the lot as it is now.

Also think they should offer standalone sport with a smaller extra fee, say Basic for $5, Standard for $11 and Premium for $16 (on top of the $15) or something similar.

2 Likes