Sports Tonight

Set looks awesome! Interesting that they flew the old “Evening News” desk up from Melbourne!
I think the orange lighting looks awesome. Last thing we need is a sea of blue! There is wayyyyy to much blue branding on TV here in Australia.
One thing Ten have over the other networks is that newsroom. The versatility it’s lighting is awesome!

5 Likes

I agree… the newsroom looks as large and credible as al jazeera! :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

From the TV promos -multiple across today’s Supercar coverage.

7 Likes

From the caps I’ve just noticed that beside the LHS screen and the video wall there are more set pieces to extend the space, no doubt static panels similar to how The Loop’s new set is configured.

Great they’re they’re based in the iconic newsroom, but it would be a shame if you can’t really see it because everything is hidden like on Studio 10.

6 Likes
3 Likes

“don’t use the newsroom because it looks stupid”
“I hate how they use the newsroom for these shows.”

“now you can’t see the newsroom, how stupid.”

oi vey.

14 Likes

To be fair, the only time I’ve heard anything negative about the newsroom location was for Studio 10 because it goes for 3.5 hours and some members thought it restricted the show and to be fair I don’t disagree even though I think personally that it looks good.

But if they’re going to use the space, say rather than filming the show from the actual studio at Pyrmont, like they did originally, then in my opinion they shouldn’t be hiding it and fully embracing it where they can which would be familiar for viewers tuning in to the show again.

All of my favourite news footage from Ten over the years includes sweeping shots of the newsroom which is unique and unmistakably associated with them. But it is what is is :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Looking forward to the show returning tonight.

5 Likes

guys is it dogging the boys to not play some mint games to watch ST - the original show all the boys watched? I think if all the other boys are wanting to play games tonight at 9:15, they’re the real dogs.

I’m genuinely excited for this, I’m looking forward to hopefully see the format grow to 7 nights, like back in its hay day!

6 Likes

This reminds me of the other show that was on Ten, it was a footy based one and ended in around 2013. That was a good one.

Eh, want Ten to go broke again :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

you mean Before The Game? With Andy Maher, Lehmo, Hugheshy and Neroli Meadows.

3 Likes

That’s the one. Thanks.

1 Like

Just a thought… Perhaps ten should do sports tonight branded updates every weeknight at around 9:30pm for the broadcast network and ten daily. That could be a way to promote it throughout the week.

15 Likes

Mark Howard interview with Sally Pearson airing tonight.

4 Likes

To quote the Ten Daily article:

The reboot is the brainchild of White, and he has played a big role in the design of the show – from the news content to the graphics and set style.

It’s great to see Matt White making such an impact as Ten’s Head of Sport in such a short time since he was promoted, and giving his own personal insight on how to make the show stand out from the others, and entice viewers to watch it from his years of experience during Sports Tonight’s heyday, and from Ten’s previous Sports coverage, he seems like the best person to further evolve Ten Sport after years of neglect from the previous owners.

Really looking forward to see its return tonight after such a long absence, hoping the word gets out further! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

He’s made a good start.

All he needs now is some actual sports events to telecast. Ten really need to be more active in the sports rights markets when things come up.

6 Likes

Weren’t they at one point until they got knocked back and called bottom feeders.

1 Like