Sports Tonight

I’m actually thinking this. I feel like its some sort of obligation that the network requires to do.

Matt White is the head of sport there isn’t he? It returned around the time he got the role. Certainly screams vanity project even if he isn’t on it anymore.

He is. Maybe that is why Sports Tonight is on air- because he personally believes in it and 10’s sporting brand? Maybe 10 programming is causing him issues with scheduling.

Bet he regrets leaving Seven, though TT must’ve been so cringe to (*forced) to do

Perhaps not - being 10’s Head of Sport gives White an role/opportunity he wouldn’t have gotten at Seven (even if the sports portfolio he’s currently overseeing is a bit bare)

1 Like

They’ll have to step it up. The next two years are crucial. They need to keep getting some mediocre events like V8s and maybe some international shit then make a big play for one of the major codes in 3 years time.

4 Likes
Date Event Watch Broadcast
Monday, 4 November Sports Tonight: Melbourne Cup Preview Special 10 and 10 play 2130-2230

10 will be showing a 1hour preview of the Melbourne Cup.

When Ten last had the rights to The Cup they had a preview show on the Sunday afternoon before the race. Seven continued this tradition for years after they got the rights from 2002 onwards.

They should get the Melbourne Cup team to host that special edition of Sports Tonight. As I believe Roz Kelly and Scott Mackinnon will still be in Japan for the conclusion of the Rugby World Cup.

That week that they are doing the Preview for the Cup it should still be on the regular Wednesday slot.

1 Like

Emma Lawrence filling in for Roz tonight who is off preparing for Bathurst coverage.

1 Like

Sports tonight is so pointless. I can never watch it because it starts WAY too late.

3 Likes

Nick Butler hosting with Roz tonight:

1 Like

I love that set! Heck, I love the show, but rarely get to watch it as that time is way to late. It’s a shame really, 10 has a pretty solid product here, with a consistent, much earlier time slot, this show may have the chance to slowly build numbers.

1 Like

6pm Sunday’s? 9:30 Friday nights?

10:30pm Monday to Friday would be good.

1 Like

Or 7pm every night on 10 bold. Surely there would be a market for a end of day wrap up for sports from around the world. Sharp and snappy at 30 mins and the same time every day so people will know it’s on just like the 6pm news

3 Likes

Didn’t they have Sports Tonight nightly on ONE in the early days?

yes they did

Monday 4 November- Melbourne Cup Preview Special : 9.30pm-10.30pm.

Roz Kelly hosting with Sports Tonight’s racing panel Francesca Cumani, David Gately and Gerard Middleton.

3 Likes

A promo aired tonight during HYBPA. The Melbourne Cup preview will be hosted from 10 News First Melbourne studio.

5 Likes