Sports Tonight

Wonder if Ten will air ST Sundays at 6pm? It’s a dead timeslot and they could rerun it later at night anyway like The Project. Perfect time for sports results and chat.

5 Likes

So shift the weekend news to Melbourne, or use the other part of the studio.

Cut the weekend bulletin to 30 minutes, starting at 5.30?

So? Plenty of Melbourne people could do weekend news, or fly Tarsh down. It’s a nice news set, may as well use it and Pyrmont is getting mighty busy.

just to confirm for folks, Australia has legislation mandating a standard 38 hour / 5 day work week… exceptions to the rule sure, but you cant have your weekday presenting backing up and doing the weekends too.

1 Like

But Angela Cox and other journo’s at other networks can work more hours? If Jennifer can present a 2 hour early news for coverage I think her filling in once every 6 months won’t do harm…

Oh, every 6 months. Ok carry on

This week WIN uses circle bug:

Ten:

15 Likes

Thank goodness, WIN did not use the Mappy Watermark for the Sports Tonight.

4 Likes

The watermark in Brisbane is off tonight, it didn’t come on for the first few minutes of the show and now has remained on screen during the first minute or two of the ad break.

that’s quite bad and intrusive. What baffles me is why do it, as its covering up information. Sure do it for shows but not when they are on sport related program.

2 Likes

Obviously it’s not meant to be there but was due to some aboventioned technical difficulties tonight with changing the watermark position to fit around the ticker.

Hooray! Common sense prevails! :grinning:

:expressionless: And some doesn’t, unless it’s just a technical glitch as some have occurred tonight. If not, watermarks should retired after 9:15. Glad WIN saw the light thankfully.

Caught the end of tonight’s episode. For the first time, it includes the preview for next week’s feature interview: NBA Rookie of the Year Ben Simmons. Mark Howard travelled to California where Simmons was doing a motion capture session for the 2019 edition of NBA2K video game. (Simmons is on the cover for the Australian/NZ edition which will be released on September 11)

2 Likes

Here’s the full episode available for streaming on SamPlay.:tm:

9 Likes

What. A. Legend! Play of the day for you! :grin:

1 Like

I’m enjoying the return of Sports Tonight, when I was younger I didn’t take much notice of it as I didn’t follow Sports much then, but I’ve been enjoying the format so far, well constructed discussions and criticisms based on the spoken topic, nicely edited video packages, and the weekly Play Of The Day is always gold! :smile:

7 Likes

9:15pm Sunday… er the guide says it starts at 9:30pm. Inconsistent scheduling and promotion will be the death of FTA in Australia…

I feel like Ten is under-utilizing the potential of the Sports Tonight brand if they plan to restrict any Network exposure to only Sundays only. Hoping the plan is to expand its Network coverage in the future, though I did notice Director of Ten News Ross Dagan had said this…

“We are looking forward to working with Quarters to leverage his sporting expertise not just in Melbourne, but across the network,” he said.

As we have discussed above, perhaps they should do ST News Updates from Melbourne with Quarters presenting if they want to expand his national reach outside of Melbourne. Some Interviews or News reports could be branded as a “Sports Tonight Exclusive” to get the name out there further.

2 Likes

I think the internet will take care of that